Dobinsons Drawer Install 2016 Landcruiser - 2" too wide at the wheel wells? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone else have troubles installing the Dobinsons Drawer system for a 2016 (+?) LC?

It appears to be about 2 inches too wide at the wheel wells. I was very specific on the year/make/model when I ordered the drawers. I have reached out to the seller (ExitOffroad) for help but thought I would check with this group in case there was some wisdom out there I was missing.

The order paperwork says "Dobinsons 200 Series Drawers for Toyota Land Cruiser (2008-2019)" so I know I ordered the correct model.

Thanks in advance
jrb

Thanks for the reply.... I went back and essentially forced them into place. The truth is they fit (although extremely snuggly). They wedge between the plastic that covers the wheel wells on either side but it fits quite well.

Oops!

Ok, I spoke too soon. The tight fit between the wheel wells means you cannot mount the rear side brackets because there is no space. These brackets support the back part of the platform. Work around would be to either grind off the bottom of the bracket and use the two upper screws to attach (thats what I will do) or to create a wooden or other mount to support the piece. If you look at the picture of the full drawer install it is the far right corner and the far left corner. You can almost see the carpeted piece sagging because there is no support underneath it. Not a bad outcome. In case you have a 2016 (and I suspect later) model LC you will definitely hit the same issue.

IMG_1284.JPG

IMG_1283.JPG

IMG_1282.JPG

IMG_1281.JPG

Ok, I spoke too soon. The tight fit between the wheel wells means you cannot mount the rear side brackets because there is no space. These brackets support the back part of the platform. Work around would be to either grind off the bottom of the bracket and use the two upper screws to attach (thats what I will do) or to create a wooden or other mount to support the piece. If you look at the picture of the full drawer install it is the far right corner and the far left corner. You can almost see the carpeted piece sagging because there is no support underneath it. Not a bad outcome. In case you have a 2016 (and I suspect later) model LC you will definitely hit the same issue.

View attachment 3399715

View attachment 3399716

View attachment 3399717

View attachment 3399719
I'm dealing with this same issue currently on my 2014. Emailing Dobinsons for answers tonight.

Sounds good. I think the answer you will get is wedge the drawers snuggly between the wheel wells and then modify the small bracket for the back right and left of the drawers. I simply grinded the lower half of the bracket off and attached it using the upper two screws. Worked out quite well.

The drawers fit and everything operates well.

Let me know if I can assist
jrb

Is it an LX? LX is narrower because of extra sound deadening. They fit but you have to jam them in there. I actually shaved some of the inner plastic off
mines a LC - waved the white flag for today. will attack again tomorrow at dawn

Any consultation my 2008 with a Dobinsons single draw fit perfectly.

Fits between 1 third row seat and the fender well
Perfectly, all side support brackets installed as should.

2016 Landcruiser. I did not shave any off but I did modify the mounting brackets. The mounting brackets could not possibly wedge in there.
I ended up cutting and grinding those back brackets in order to have them fit the drawer system. Not my best metal fab work, but I was overly done dealing with this install.

I'd like to thank Dewalt and Creature Comforts IPA for getting me through this install.

IMG_0051.jpeg

IMG_0052.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom