Wide Tire ... will it fit... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a wider "S" speed rated AT tire from Toyo. At the height I want and width I want, this is the closest tire size and still keeping the S speed rating. Will it fit?

I'm guessing this clears with 1.5" back spacing on the wheel and maybe an UCA upgrade to a better designed (read that to be tighter/smaller design)... thoughts?

Think this can clear the UCA without sticking too far out of the fender? Aftermarket control arm a good idea (which brand?)? How big of backspacing to clear the UCA?

Fender liner and BMC not a concern to me right now. Those are 1 banana jobs.

TIRE SIZELOAD / SPEEDLOAD IDAPPROVED RIM WIDTH RANGE (IN.)WEIGHT (LBS.)INFLATED OVERALL DIAMETER (IN.)INFLATED OVERALL WIDTH (IN.)
LT325/60R18124/121SE9.5-11.56633.313

Looking for a wider "S" speed rated AT tire from Toyo. At the height I want and width I want, this is the closest tire size and still keeping the S speed rating. Will it fit?

I'm guessing this clears with 1.5" back spacing on the wheel and maybe an UCA upgrade to a better designed (read that to be tighter/smaller design)... thoughts?

Think this can clear the UCA without sticking too far out of the fender? Aftermarket control arm a good idea (which brand?)? How big of backspacing to clear the UCA?

TIRE SIZELOAD / SPEEDLOAD IDAPPROVED RIM WIDTH RANGE (IN.)WEIGHT (LBS.)INFLATED OVERALL DIAMETER (IN.)INFLATED OVERALL WIDTH (IN.)

Left out the critical info....

'21 LX570

It’s gonna rub in front before you get to full lock, but don’t let that stop you

Rub on what part of the vehicle? Fender liners or UCA? I'm willing to do 1.25-1.5" spacer/backspacing on wheel to get it out far enough.

start here

Since you're in an LX, I'd say just buy them and mount them up. You'll probably end up doing most of the stuff in that thread ^ but they're only 33.5" diameter, so probably not too much work to get them fitted. I wouldn't bother with control arms until you get interference that tells you otherwise. I've got close to an inch of clearance to the UCA with my 35x12.5 Mickey Thompsons which are pretty true to size and a knobby shoulder design.

And of course, pics or it didn't happen.

Last edited:

It'll be close but with the right offset, I think it'll drop in fine. May need some slight BMC and some soft fender liner clearancing but I thin it'll work as it's not too tall of a tire.

We don't really use backspacing like the domestic cars. It's easier to frame around offset as that removes wheel width from the variables. Is there a specific wheel you're looking at running? IMO, something close to +35 offset will be your best bet. It should just clear the UCA. Any lower offset, and you'll have more clearancing to do around the BMC.

These are a Nitto Ridge Grappler in 325/60r18 with SCS 18 x 9 +25
Had to do minor clearancing, only plastic work so far.

PXL_20200912_224535990.jpg

Smeagol,

You said you performed some typical plastic work and nothing else. Did you sensor lift or adjust AHC at all? And if yes, how much? And if yes, did it change any of the driving dynamics (sharper quicker turning or less/more stable at speeds?).

Thank you. I think I'm pushing forward on this. Just looking to button up all the lil details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom