Clean solutions for securing water bottles? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Quick, hard pop does it. I may have almost broke the hinge, but it comes out in one piece. Thanks again!

Looks like there may be an issue with one of my printers being out of aliment or possible heat issues causing a small portion of the cup holders to not fit perfectly. I am trying to track down the exact machine that caused the issue right now. If you have a cup holder that doesn't seat all the way down into the console then shoot me a PM and we will take care of you.

Now I'm scratching my head. I inspected every machine that has made the new 200 Series Cup holders and not one is out of alignment on any axis and all heaters are working perfect. I now have 3 cup holders that don't fit (possibly more) from the first 32 I sent out this weekend. All 3 were from a 2016 and newer. Did Toyota once again make some obscure non-functional change to the console on the Cruiser around 2016? I know the LX570 is a slightly different console but is it possible the Toyota has more than one console on the 200? It just doesn't make sense on these fitment issues on only newer models. If someone with an older 200 also has a fitment issue then speak up. That will toss out my hunch and force me to look at my machines closer.

Edit: Just got word that the new cup holder fits in the 2019 just fine. I'm waiting on pics of it installed in the 2019 to compare it the pics I now have of the same cup holder installed on the 2018 console. Hopefully I can figure out quickly what the heck is going on. I'm now wondering if one of my machines possibly has an old prototype print file on it. I will be checking the creation date of each file on each machine today. Hopefully I will get to the bottom of the issue soon. No matter what, I will make sure the handful of folks who have a fitment issue are taken care of and receive a version that fits perfect. Just be patient. There is often hic-ups when releasing a new product. this is just one I have not seen before.

Last edited:
Just spent the last couple hours looking at pictures, forums, and parts catalogs. It appears that the only thing that changed in the Landcruiser console occured in 2016. The landcruiser went from the faux wood interior to the faux brushed aluminum interior. The top faux aluminum plate that goes around and over the OEM cup holder hole is a different color but same part. After looking at pics VERY closely they are in fact NOT the same. The one corner is rounded to match the other 4 corners where on the 2008-2015? version one of the corners is a much sharper angle. Also the lip, curvature, and thickness of the faux aluminum panel is not the same as the faux wood. I have gotten picks of my cup holder now installed in a 2008, 2010, and 2011 and they all fit perfect. The 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 all have the same faux wood interior (at least the google pics online support that claim) and in theory should also fit my cupholder perfectly. The 2016 got the change and issues seem to arise. The weirdest part is that the issues seems to be different for different folks with a 2016+. I'm working hard at trying to figure out exactly what changed and where. Once I have that figured out I have to tackle the task of trying to make changes to the design so it looks and fits perfect in both versions. If that is not possible I will have to release a 2016+ specific landcruiser insert. Mr. T is REALLY starting to annoy me with these super subtle useless changes. I have never seen minor changes like this in older version Landcruisers, 4Runners, or Tacomas. No matter what, I will get the issue figured out, resolved, and correct fitting cup holders out to the handful of you who have a 2016+ and already ordered one. Just sit tight if you are one of those people and give me the time to work through this. I'm shocked I am dealing with this issue again after the same issue with the inserts I made. I was certain i had avoided the issue this time. :bang: For those of you who have not ordered but plan to and have a 2016+; DON'T order yet. Wait until I have this resolved.

I can tell you that in my 2008, and my buddy's 2011...the cup unit fits like a GLOVE.

I know @bhicks is working his tail off to address newly discovered peculiarities with the 16+ models.
So hang in there and he'll get it sorted out once a 16+ is in his hands for clarification. My stock cup-holder unit has officially started collecting dust...because there's no way I'm going back to stock!. :)

Last edited:
Here are some shots of the larger-hole version in Rob’s very nice 2011 (@Taco2Cruiser ) with his custom trim (no effect on cup holder unit fit)

To fit it, we simply pulled the cup holder unit, and popped @bhicks design in. You can see in the photos that it’s nicely flush with the console. These shots show the use of one size-down ring (comes with 2)...

B386AC0E-CAE8-4E05-A5EE-66186E46D87E.jpeg
64FA1DD5-2D94-4EA8-918C-5F3362F31DED.jpeg
E1A9A7A6-4079-4231-A4AA-722BCAD260F8.jpeg

(I snuck in a chocolate milk for this shot... ):cheers:
B8CD2F28-C1A0-4476-9308-DA3143537C17.jpeg

From driver side...both size-down rings in:
E5B74C63-7605-46D0-8FB3-35DD38E8BC2D.jpeg

Last edited:
I received mine yesterday and it fits perfect. My wife and son took my car and when they came back they remarked how good it looked. Thank you!
2015 LC. I bought the one with the phone holder.

Received my full insert replacement today for my 2011 and it rocks! Thanks @bhicks !

Now I’m able to fit my yeti tumbler, rambler lowball, and otter box elevation 10 along with all the hydro flasks combos previously reported.

Very clean product and like @Markuson I've already stored my oem holder with no intent of ever unpacking it.

Sweet!

0EAE0A6F-3DC9-43C4-9043-CB78433BF7D9.jpeg

7AB807FC-5554-4B8F-A7DC-20DEFA5B430E.jpeg

7CEA7878-6187-45BF-B1E5-F8E8A38117CB.jpeg

4AE11FE3-5682-4F25-83E3-A4B1D1B83B18.jpeg

I received mine yesterday and it fits perfect. My wife and son took my car and when they came back they remarked how good it looked. Thank you!
2015 LC. I bought the one with the phone holder.
Good to know the 2015 fits perfect. That clarifies that answer that the new design fits the range of 2008-2015. You can see in the pics below, the main difference I know about so far is how they changed the one corner at 90 degrees to be a 1/2" radius to match the other 3 corners. You can see the faux aluminum cover they used in 2016+ removes that 90 degree corner in the one corner. From what I am being told you have to mash the hard 90 degree angle past the 1/2" radius corner and snap it in under the faux aluminum top plate which now forces the cup holder down at a weird angle and slightly recessed on one side and pushed up on the other. It also warps the OEM hole a bit to fit causing over tightness in some areas and a loose rattle fit in others. If I rounded off that corner then there is no issue BUT the 2008-2015 guys now have this weird little gap in that corner and I'm not sure if that will bother folks or not. I guess I just have to play around with it and see what makes folks happy.
10.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Good to know the 2015 fits perfect. That clarifies that answer that the new design fits the range of 2008-2015. You can see in the pics below, the main difference I know about so far is how they changed the one corner at 90 degrees to be a 1/2" radius to match the other 3 corners. You can see the faux aluminum cover they used in 2016+ removes that 90 degree corner in the one corner. From what I am being told you have to mash the hard 90 degree angle past the 1/2" radius corner and snap it in under the faux aluminum top plate which now forces the cup holder down at a weird angle and slightly recessed on one side and pushed up on the other. It also warps the OEM hole a bit to fit causing over tightness in some areas and a loose rattle fit in others. If I rounded off that corner then there is no issue BUT the 2008-2015 guys now have this weird little gap in that corner and I'm not sure if that will bother folks or not. I guess I just have to play around with it and see what makes folks happy.
View attachment 2054515View attachment 2054516
Now I see what you were talking about in your email. It also looks like the "aluminum" toward the front of the opening extends just a hair farther back as compared to the faux wood. Definitely not as clean as the 2015 and prior. Sorry about the sweat in the cup holder. . .it was really hot here in Tampa yesterday!

@bhicks - well done, perfect 2013 fit. Now your next challenge - a molded cover for those that have removed their third row but haven't jumped to drawers. See pic.
IMG_0929.jpeg

@bhicks - well done, perfect 2013 fit. Now your next challenge - a molded cover for those that have removed their third row but haven't jumped to drawers. See pic.View attachment 2054751
Is the hook something you added or OEM? The only way I could design a part for that is if I had direct and continued access to a 200 local to me. Anyone out there in the San Berdu mountains or in the Yucaipa/Redlands area of Socal?

Hook is aftermarket and secured with the original seat bolt. Wish I could serve as that direct access point, but Hawaii isn't exactly local. 🤙

Well I know this thread is all a buzz with LC fitment issues. I just want Brad to know he may have some competition in the LX realm.

I couldn’t take riding without a drink so I improvised. I think he’s working too hard... Some leftover flashing, a little Velcro, a B3HD insert and some Gladware is all that’s needed.

Anyone who “needs” one just PM me... $595 plus free shipping.

Edit: Price is based on the precision scissor work required on the Gladware and the flashing material.

Brad, plz take this in the humorous spirit that was intended.

C9F69B07-7B20-4741-9FDA-7D2C4C3B25D2.jpeg

3054E8B7-7119-4C10-B6E0-1527430F7BB9.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry I have not restocked since mid last week but I had to stop production until I was 100% sure the fitment issues were due to OEM changes in the console and not an issue with one of my machines. I am now confident the fitment issues are related to the interior change in 2016 and production has resumed. I just restocked with the handful I made over the weekend. After close examination of lots of pics and talking with numerous folks in detail I went ahead and started working on the changes to get a 2016+ version made. Right now the only thing I have in stock is the Landcruiser 2008-2015 version. I will have an LX570 version out soon and the 2016+ Landcruiser version out shortly after that.

Sorry I have not restocked since mid last week but I had to stop production until I was 100% sure the fitment issues were due to OEM changes in the console and not an issue with one of my machines. I am now confident the fitment issues are related to the interior change in 2016 and production has resumed. I just restocked with the handful I made over the weekend. After close examination of lots of pics and talking with numerous folks in detail I went ahead and started working on the changes to get a 2016+ version made. Right now the only thing I have in stock is the Landcruiser 2008-2015 version. I will have an LX570 version out soon and the 2016+ Landcruiser version out shortly after that.

I just received my single flask holder today. I have a 2019 LC, am I correct that this is not going to fit mine? I see that you now have a 2016+ variant added to the web site that is not available yet.

I just received my single flask holder today. I have a 2019 LC, am I correct that this is not going to fit mine? I see that you now have a 2016+ variant added to the web site that is not available yet.
It will drop down into the hole and function but aesthetically it will have a gap along one side, not sit perfectly level, and could have a rattle on the opposite side. If none of that bothers you then use it. If it does bother you, then hold onto it and keep an eye on this thread. As soon as I have a perfected 2016+ version developed I will post it here. Reach out to me at that point and we can arrange the exchange. I would encourage you to just stick it in and see how you like it first. Don't worry about scratching it. I can always re-sand and respray it if you decide to return it.

Last edited:
The LX570 console arrived today. The good news is I have it in my possession and in perfect condition. The bad news is that the actual hole the OEM cup holder was removed from shares ZERO dimensions with the Landcruiser console from the same years. Height, width, depth, angles, arches, and just about every dimension I have compared has been different by a little to a LOT. I will have to develop a completely new design from scratch and will not be able to use any parts of the Landcruiser design. Unfortuantely that puts this timeline a couple weeks out and not just a few days. I will do my best to move quickly on this project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom