looking into an American UTE build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
lately, I have just wanted something different. I have a 3rd Gen tacoma, its nice but just not doing it.
I keep looking at the Power wagon but it just seems really large. it would be great for work, except for the fact that its annoying to get equipment in and out of the bed.
I have always been jealous of the land cruiser pick-ups. I have toyed with importing one, but i just dont have the liquid funds.
I keep thinking about building one. The downside is I am pretty good with the the tools, but not good enough to cut a truck in half.
I was wondering what platform to start with , A t100 or an 80 series is where my mind goes. The norweld trays seem amazing but there about 8k, which seems kind of High.
I need the truck to be reliable for long adventure trips and my daily driver for work.
I am looking for some thoughts or if you have built one and have some advice
Thanks

What’s your goal? Regular cab extended 4 door? To keep the cost low start with a truck and build a custom bed. Assuming your not wanting 4door since you mention t-100

lately, I have just wanted something different. I have a 3rd Gen tacoma, its nice but just not doing it.

What about the truck is not 'doing it'?

I need the truck to be reliable for long adventure trips and my daily driver for work.
I am looking for some thoughts or if you have built one and have some advice
Thanks

Aside from a Tundra or a 200 series, you really have the best option.

I keep thinking about building one. The downside is I am pretty good with the the tools, but not good enough to cut a truck in half.

No need to cut the truck in half to build a UTE. Just pull the bed off and build what you need to replace it. Here are some pictures from Outback Customs that show the basic build sequence.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom