Advice on suspension an and direction for my 2013 LC mini build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I recently picked up a certified 2013 LC with 85k miles to be my family escape vehicle for the foreseeable future, and I'm reaching out for advice based on my situation. This will be used for long range camping, daily driving, and some off roading as it pertains to good camping and mountain biking.

I want it perform awesome both on-road and off-road without a bias towards one or the other. At this point I'm not considering bumpers or armor, but would like to add a hidden winch mount, I think.

In the attachment, I've detailed out my constant loads, my expected trip loads and contemplated mods. All should be within GVWR.

My questions:
  1. What suspension would you recommend for my use and weights?
  2. Thinking about going with a group 31 battery, plus solar (no dual battery) as some have recently recommended, do you agree?
  3. Any good kits to replace the stock halogen fog lights, and daytime running lights (both of which are yellow compared to the factory HIDS)?
  4. Is the anti-gravity XP-10, still a great lithium jumper pack?
  5. Any other thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks for the time,
Ryan

Attachments

• LC200.pdf
    82.9 KB · Views: 173
Give us a call @ Cruiser Outfitters. We stock the full range of Old Man Emu kits including the BP-51 systems as well as Slee and Dobinson components, etc. We've sold and installed hundreds of 200 Series lifts and driven them all over the world. We would love to help!

Hey guys! I have a 2013 LC, and I'm also looking to upgrade my suspension. Here's what a am thinking so far:
*Icon 2.5" Front Remote Reservoir Coil Over Shock Kit w/ CDCV (part #58760C)
*Icon 2.5" Rear Remote Res RR Shocks w/ CDCV (part #57825CP)
*1.75" Dual Rate Rear Spring Kit (part #52750)

I also got a Total Chaos upper control arm set, as I plan to lift front and rear about 3".

One question is, would I benefit from getting a new billet lower trailing arm, or is stock good enough for that?

Appreciate your thoughts on the proposed build!

In the future, I plan to add some BudBuilt sliders, maybe underbody protection, and an ARB front bumper / bull guard (although I am still up in the air if I want to have it painted white, or leave it black... what do you guys think about the color coordination?)

Scott

I have those Icons and like them alot. I do wish for something even better but it handles high speeds really well. I used stock spring. If I had to do it over again I'd purchase from Kurt as I like feeling part of his Baja crew. For me since I don't have weight in the back I never adjust them. Front I leave firm 8-9 but rear 0.

I don't hold high opinion on BP51s but I prefer high speed racing and don't want to mess with too many settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom