An explosion... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

batthewmrown

SILVER Star
Threads
...Of pure joy because I just passed smog after my fifth try. Turns out there were some vacuum lines detached, timing was a little wonky, and idle mix was off. Threw some e-85 in her for good measure and she passed with flying colors. Thanks to all who lent expertise and encouragement! See y'all, legally, out there!

The Ninth circle of Land Cruiser Hell...congrats!

A big problem in big cities

image.jpeg

Seriously, what vac lines were detached, how was timing wonky and what did you have to do to idle mix? When you were dealing with this before, maybe 3rd to 4th try, we were talking about these things. I’m curious on the specifics of what it took to fix it right. Plus it will probably help others.

Seriously, what vac lines were detached, how was timing wonky and what did you have to do to idle mix? When you were dealing with this before, maybe 3rd to 4th try, we were talking about these things. I’m curious on the specifics of what it took to fix it right. Plus it will probably help others.

Specifically, I don't know what lines were disconnected. I ended up taking it to a local shop and they were able to get it sorted. The guy said he adjusted my timing to 10º advanced as opposed to the 8º that it was at, but all I know is that it passed and that's all I care about, haha. Sorry for the lack of details.

Specifically, I don't know what lines were disconnected. I ended up taking it to a local shop and they were able to get it sorted. The guy said he adjusted my timing to 10º advanced as opposed to the 8º that it was at, but all I know is that it passed and that's all I care about, haha. Sorry for the lack of details.
Now is when you should start reading about what to do in two years when it's time for the gauntlet again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom