Name that Tire...Size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Orange Hat

SILVER Star
Threads
Ok all, I'm ready to pull the trigger on tires and this "what size should I get" question is a tough one. I've narrowed it down to a few sizes based on extensive reading on this forum (a lot of inspiration here no doubt) but there is one picture I found thru a Google search that I can't figure out what size they are...thoughts?

By the way, this is the look I'm going for as I want to keep stock wheels.

5Dds3Ji.jpg

Ok all, I'm ready to pull the trigger on tires and this "what size should I get" question is a tough one. I've narrowed it down to a few sizes based on extensive reading on this forum (a lot of inspiration here no doubt) but there is one picture I found thru a Google search that I can't figure out what size they are...thoughts?

By the way, this is the look I'm going for as I want to keep stock wheels.

5Dds3Ji.jpg
That sure looks like a 285/ 65 / 18 to me.

To my calibrated eye, it's a 285/65/18 KO2s @ 32.6" tall. With a healthy 2-2.5" lift.

If I may answer the "what size should I get"...

305/65r18 with a milder 1-1.5" lift. A 285/65/18 is the easy route, standard issue almost and pretty mild on this platform. Use a larger tire for more real lift under the axle. And keep the suspension lift mild to keep it in the sweetest part of its suspension stroke for the best handling performance, more minimal brake dive and lean in corners.

To my calibrated eye, it's a 285/65/18 KO2s @ 32.6" tall. With a healthy 2-2.5" lift.

If I may answer the "what size should I get"...

305/65r18 with a milder 1-1.5" lift. A 285/65/18 is the easy route, standard issue almost and pretty mild on this platform. Use a larger tire for more real lift under the axle. And keep the suspension lift mild to keep it in the sweetest part of its suspension stroke for the best handling performance, more minimal brake dive and lean in corners.

The combo in the pic does look like a 285..do you think they have wheel spacers installed?

The 305 is my dream tire but will it work on a stock rim (offset and all that stuff)? I do have a Tough Dog lift kit (2" front, 1" rear) on order. For every person that sports a 305, there seems to be two others who can't make it work. I'm not opposed to an aftermarket wheel (Method seems to be a good one) but I love the subtle look of the stock wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom