Wheel size regrets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I ended up getting 275/75/R17 on my 2011 LX 570. It rubbed like hell at first but after taking off the mudflaps and pushing the fender liner in it a bunch I don't think it rubs anymore. However, I think it does look kind of squat and maybe the tires look too big.

What have you guys done to alleviate this or should I just go back to 32s?

How do you guys like the sensor lift? After a lot of reading, it seems like people have pretty mixed results. I also know about the modification to keep it at high mode all the time, but I'm afraid it'll cause a lot of stress to the suspension components, and it does make the ride pretty bad.

IMG_1362.jpeg

IMG_1361.jpeg

I looks to be less an aggressive tire issue in as much as an aggressive wheel offset. Hard to tell from those angles but it looks to be a +15 or +0 wheel offset?

A 275/75R17 tire @ 33.2 x 10.8 is pretty moderate for this platform.

With a better offset, something like +35, it's easy to squeeze in much larger tires. Offset also effects things like scrub radius and cornering traction for better handling and dynamic behaviors.

Those don’t look like 275s. But maybe you are running 0 offset.

I got my LX in 2018 and sensor lifted it right away. My rig is heavy and not been babied. No downsides.

IMG_1775.jpeg

Not sure what premature wear you are referring to. You adjusting a factory component within normal operating range.

I looks to be less an aggressive tire issue in as much as an aggressive wheel offset. Hard to tell from those angles but it looks to be a +15 or +0 wheel offset?

A 275/75R17 tire @ 33.2 x 10.8 is pretty moderate for this platform.

With a better offset, something like +35, it's easy to squeeze in much larger tires. Offset also effects things like scrub radius and cornering traction for better handling and dynamic behaviors.
Jinx 🫸💥🫷

Are you sure they are 275's and not 285's? AFAIK 275/75's don't exist. Also that definitely looks like a lot of offset.

Those don’t look like 275s. But maybe you are running 0 offset.

I got my LX in 2018 and sensor lifted it right away. My rig is heavy and not been babied. No downsides.

View attachment 3381244

Not sure what premature wear you are referring to. You adjusting a factory component within normal operating range.
That's great to hear! so five years with sensor lift and it's all good, maybe I'll just do that then

Your rig looks great but I bet it’s in high mode there. Do you have any pictures of it in normal mode with a sensor lift?

You guys are right they are 285s.

LT285 / 70 / 17

And I bet you have zero offset, or close to it. Those are only 32.7" tall but the offset makes them look bigger and gives you more work to fit without rubbing. With the proper offset that size will bolt on with zero rubbing.

That's great to hear! so five years with sensor lift and it's all good, maybe I'll just do that then

Your rig looks great but I bet it’s in high mode there. Do you have any pictures of it in normal mode with a sensor lift?
Normal height. These are 295/70/18

8P2A1511.jpeg

IMG_3206.jpeg

And I bet you have zero offset, or close to it. Those are only 32.7" tall but the offset makes them look bigger and gives you more work to fit without rubbing. With the proper offset that size will bolt on with zero rubbing.
I think I do have zero offset. I thought an offset was when you add spacers, so larger offset more the wheels stick out. What would be a proper offset?

I think I do have zero offset. I thought an offset was when you add spacers, so larger offset more the wheels stick out. What would be a proper offset?

Not exactly. Offset is the position of the center line off the wheel in relation to hub. Stock offset on these trucks is around 60mm. 0 offset wheels mean you are over 2” Wider on each corner. Adding spacers would put you in negative territory.

Nice! Is that just with the sensor lift?

Yes but has no impact on fitting this size.

Not exactly. Offset is the position of the center line off the wheel in relation to hub. Stock offset on these trucks is around 60mm. 0 offset wheels mean you are over 2” Wider on each corner. Adding spacers would put you in negative territory.

Yes but has no impact on fitting this size.
That’s for the clarification. Is the offset something that can be adjusted or do I need different wheels?

What else have you done to get that height?

What else have you done to get that height?

Nada! Keep in mind with bumpers and sliders I’ve probably cut a foot of plastic off between the ground and the bottom of the truck. There is a ton of ground clearance freed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom