Largest tire that can fit in spare tire of 2017 LX570 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Previously lifted my GX460 and could no longer fit my spare under the car.

Dont want to make the same mistake on the LX

Whats the largest tire that I can fit on the factory 20" wheels that will still fit in the spare tire location?

I'm planning on getting a 275/65r20 for my spare. 34" diameter

My 295/70r18 fits in the spare location like a glove. Every tire manufacturer varies in actual tire size, but this size on the calculator are 34.3" and mine are Toyo RT Trails. I would make sure you get actual sizes from the manufacturer.

Last edited:
Previously lifted my GX460 and could no longer fit my spare under the car.

Dont want to make the same mistake on the LX

Whats the largest tire that I can fit on the factory 20" wheels that will still fit in the spare tire location?

There is enough room for up to a 34.5" diameter tire to fit underneath.

Could/is there any modifications I could do to fit kenda 35x10.5r17 (34.7"). Panhard relocation bracket or something?

any issues with fitting 275/60/20 or 302/55/20 on factory 20" wheels? Any rubbing, etc that would need to be massaged? will I be able to use the EZ exit function of the suspension for when my wife drives truck and move around a parking lot in low until it raises?

any issues with fitting 275/60/20 or 302/55/20 on factory 20" wheels? Any rubbing, etc that would need to be massaged? will I be able to use the EZ exit function of the suspension for when my wife drives truck and move around a parking lot in low until it raises?

No issues.

I've had a 305/55R20 in the spare for many years. Currently have a 275/65R20 in the boot.

As was said earlier, anything less then 34.5" diameter will fit just fine. The wider tires may stick down a bit more but nothing of concern and still leaves a ton of clearance for serious off-road. There is room in the spare hanger bracket to space it up 3/8" on the frame brackets if desired.

Now if one installs an LRA aux tank that pushes things down 1", that'll have to be considered in the width of tires stored down there.

No issues.

I've had a 305/55R20 in the spare for many years. Currently have a 275/65R20 in the boot.

As was said earlier, anything less then 34.5" diameter will fit just fine. The wider tires may stick down a bit more but nothing of concern and still leaves a ton of clearance for serious off-road. There is room in the spare hanger bracket to space it up 3/8" on the frame brackets if desired.

Now if one installs an LRA aux tank that pushes things down 1", that'll have to be considered in the width of tires stored down there.
Tanks for the info!

I understood about the spare location having plenty of space. Good to know about the LRA tank.

Was debating staying with 20s or going down to 17/18s. Want to ensure that there will be no rubbing in daily use with whatever setup I pursue. 20s would be easier/cheaper but Im curious how much softer the ride would get with 17/18s o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom