Best source or brand for reman calipers? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Napa Gold Select or whatever their "high end" is. That's what almost everyone is using for replacements.

Otherwise, they buy the Toyota rebuild kits and rebuild their old ones.

Top end NAPA seems to be the Eclipse line. Fronts were $108/each when I recently did mine. Good stuff, except get the Toyota brake line seals (copper washers) to use instead and use the Toyota brake lines as the fit is better. Happy with the results and the quality of the remans.

Does Toyota still sell reman calipers?

I've used the Napa ones with good long term results as well.

Pretty sure they do/did sell reman's and I remember some posts on here showing rust inside the reman calipers fresh out of a toyota box.

I used Toyota reman'd units.

I couldn't find them on the web, but my local dealer found them in 2 seconds and matched online discount rate.

I am very happy with my decision.

I’ll have to call the dealership and see what they say. The Napa ones are pretty cheap and it says they have them on hand, just need to get my old ones out for the core charge.

Does Toyota still sell reman calipers?

I've used the Napa ones with good long term results as well.

Indeed they are still available.

47730-60060-84
47750-60060-84

But I am now recommending the NAPA Eclipse brand for the price. They are the Toyota calipers remanufactured by drunk guys in Michigan or poorly paid workers in China.

They come completely loaded. I don't like the gaskets though. They are terrible. Their high pressure fittings blow as well.

90430-10074 for the high pressure gaskets.
90401-10015 for the high pressure fittings.

I rebuilt a set recently that had 2 pistons on the driver side locked up causing hard pulled my to the right with brakes. In reality after cleaning everything up those 2 were not the worst looking. Cleaned up using lathe and scotch brite is rebuild again if needed an extra 3 hours with lots of clean up tear down took the most time. Reassembled quick. Like 20min or less. Used 100 pads and done.

If you keep your eye out on Amazon they have the Raybestos remans on there. Twice now I've caught them on sale for stupid cheap.

So far I have the front left and rear left. Both go for around $130/each and I picked up one for $21 and one for $39. Both of them are loaded calipers too.

If you keep your eye out on Amazon they have the Raybestos remans on there. Twice now I've caught them on sale for stupid cheap.

So far I have the front left and rear left. Both go for around $130/each and I picked up one for $21 and one for $39. Both of them are loaded calipers too.

how have the raybestos calipers held up and is there a core charge

If I use anything other than OEM parts I stuck to either Bendix or Raybestos. Been using their parts for almost 20 years now and have always done me well. My 2 rear calipers were in pretty rough shape when I bought my truck almost 4 years ago. I replaced both of them with Raybestos calipers from Amazon (no core charge) and they have done great so far. My 2 front ones are about due for replacement and this time around I wanted to replace all four at the same time.

:beer:

That’s a good idea, I’ve gotten a few parts for stupid cheap from amazon warehouse deals.

I fitted the Napa Eclipse on all 4 corners along with EBC pads about 500 miles back. They are phenomenal. I found myself stopping about 8 or 9 yards short of juctions. I hadn't realized how crap my old brake setup was.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation Beno.

Can anyone familiar with the NAPA calipers chime in on a few questions?

I recently purchased the NAPA Eclipse Calipers. By higher pressure gaskets does Beno mean the copper washers? Seems like a copper washer is a copper washer, so why would I need to use the Toyota OEM ones when there are new ones that come with it. Also, can the high pressure fitting be reused from the original calipers? It's a bolt with a hole in it...not sure how that would go bad. The Eclipse comes with a new one as well.

Indeed they are still available.

47730-60060-84
47750-60060-84

But I am now recommending the NAPA Eclipse brand for the price. They are the Toyota calipers remanufactured by drunk guys in Michigan or poorly paid workers in China.

They come completely loaded. I don't like the gaskets though. They are terrible. Their high pressure fittings blow as well.

90430-10074 for the high pressure gaskets.
90401-10015 for the high pressure fittings.

Do not use the NAPA high pressure bolt (with the hole in it) — either reuse your old one or get a new 90401-10015 banjo bolt.

Most definitely use the 90430-10074 Toyota copper gaskets. 2 per caliper.

You’ll thank me later.

So if I buy these front and rear Toyota reman calipers...

47730-60060-84
47750-60060-84

Do they include these?

90430-10074 for the high pressure gaskets
90401-10015 for the high pressure fittings

If no, how many qty for the high pressure fitting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom