Rth: main wire harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
94 Fzj80. Last month had my ac engine temp sensor stop working. Bypassed it no big deal. Then I had injector on #6 stop working. Got my hand in there and pushed on the connector and it started firing. Last night #4 injector quite. Messed with the harness (already wrapped in insulation tape) and could get it to function. Figured there must be some burnt wires. Pulled the tb and all insulation and there is no evidence of anything bad. Everything looks pretty darn good actually. I'm guessing not with the sensor and now random injectors going out. There are 2 what appear to be factory splices in a white/black wire to 3 white black wires. The other is a black green spliced into 3 black greens. I checked behind glove box and everything looks great. Any tips to move forward. I'm stuck here because I was able to mess with the harness at the egr pipe and get the injector to fire.

20180323_151659.jpg

Cut some of those wires out of the way so we can see the rest of them.........

If you're having those issues, there is bound to be something upstream or downstream from where you're looking. Sometimes hard to see.

The factory splices are typical and probably not your problem. I would test the terminals in the connectors. Typically the connections, wire to terminal, fail before anything else.

Connect a probe to the bare end of the terminal and gently push and pull on the wire end. If there is a loose connection there you will find it.

The factory splices are typical and probably not your problem. I would test the terminals in the connectors. Typically the connections, wire to terminal, fail before anything else.

Connect a probe to the bare end of the terminal and gently push and pull on the wire end. If there is a loose connection there you will find it.
not sure if you remember, but you helped me trouble shoot the water temp switch for the ac earlier in the month. I just pulled the codes that throw when the check engine light comes on. knock sensor signal, ignition signal, intake air temperature sensor signal, air fuel ratio rich, air flow meter signal (vacuum sensor), air flow meter signal, TPS signal. All these sensors are in relatively the same location, but like I said, I can't locate a problem in the wiring. It's just too intermittent. I can drive 50 miles and no issues. Then drive 5 miles and i get a stumble and check engine light comes on, then back to normal all the sudden.

You have all those codes? If so, I wouldn't start checking the sensors. It may be that all of them have faulty connections, but it's unlikely.

I need to consult the EWD, and I don't have it with me right now. If you can wait, I can get back to you. If not, maybe someone else here can chime in, in the meantime.

You have all those codes? If so, I wouldn't start checking the sensors. It may be that all of them have faulty connections, but it's unlikely.

I need to consult the EWD, and I don't have it with me right now. If you can wait, I can get back to you. If not, maybe someone else here can chime in, in the meantime.
No problem, I appreciate the help. It's not my daily driver so I have patience.

So... looks like my problem may have been in part to my OBD1 reader. I have been having problems with it after I got it wet cleaning the engine. I had cleaned it out, and dried it, but this is when all my problems started. I pulled the reader and it was corroded. Haven't had any CEL since I pulled it. Fingers crossed this was the issue. It was zip tied to the Main harness, so maybe that was the reason I could manipulate the harness and get the engine to fault. I don't know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom