New to the Group / New to Me '92 FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening, Friends.

I'm writing-in from my current assignment in Egypt. I just bought and had delivered to my home in the States (North East), my first LC. I'm super excited and look forward to the interaction with this group.

1992 FJ80 3FE - Completely stock with 75,000 original miles / little-to-no rust (sat in storage I'm told)

The gentleman I bought it from says he put about 300 miles on it this year since taking it out of storage. Prior to starting it, he said he changed the oil then ran it a bit then changed the oil again to flush it. He said he replaced about everything that fuel touched en route to the engine. He also changed the front brake calipers. It currently runs, drives, and stops fine (needs a power steering pump - it's leaking badly and the fuel gauge is not functioning).

Prior to my return to the states this summer, I'd like to have this rig ready to cruise (no off-road intentions). I want to have ALL...ALL fluids, belts, and hoses changed.

So here's the question:

Are there specific brands/ weights of fluids that I should have the mechanic use (coolant, axel, transmission, brake, power steering, etc...)?

I am completely open to learning what you might recommend for me to have the mechanic check/ repair after sitting so long.

Once I return I will be taking over the maintenance/ repairs myself as required.

Kind regards,

-Craig

54266468633__118999F5-36D4-4E4C-99C1-C081A3779C7A.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom