2006 LX479 or 2004 LandCruiser? Which to get (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please! I would appreciate your opinions on this. This will be my first 100. I have the option of a 2006 LX470 with 170k Miles or a 2004 LandCruiser with 164k miles.

Landcruiser two owners. LX470 has three owners and it was in auction once.

Both look great. The LX470 will cost $1,900 more than the LandCruiser.

I am not a hardcore off-road/rock climber but do go off the beaten path for camping/hunting and similar activities.

I would go with the Land Cruiser, it will not have the auto height control which means fewer repairs later when it goes bad.
The Lexus will have variable valve timing which will give you slightly better MPG.
But in my mind the cheaper repairs outweigh the MPG increase.

Call you insurance agent, which truck is cheaper to insure?
Whenever you can't decide that is the final vote, cheaper insurance wins.

When I was deciding, I went with the 06-07's for the extra horsepower and 5-speed tranny's.

I would go with the Land Cruiser, it will not have the auto height control which means fewer repairs later when it goes bad.
The Lexus will have variable valve timing which will give you slightly better MPG.
But in my mind the cheaper repairs outweigh the MPG increase.

Call you insurance agent, which truck is cheaper to insure?
Whenever you can't decide that is the final vote, cheaper insurance wins.
That’s a good one.

Forgot to mention the LC will need new tires ASAP and perhaps rims as well

06 - extra power and 5 speed transmission. And I think the AHC is actually pretty awesome. Of course, I’m biased.

The higher horsepower vvti engine is great, the 5 speed is great, and I love the AHC system! Be careful to diligently inspect for rust especially on the new York rig.

Have you seen the NY rig? Checked for rust?

The '04 has a 5 speed. The '06 engine (IMHO) has a bit more ooommmphhh (very scientific).

I would call either a good deal as long as the underside looks to be fairly rust free.

Also check to see if the TB has been changed.

They are both out of state and that is what is making it challenging to decide without being there in person. Pictures are not great because they could be spray painted. Both look ok under the body.

Last edited:
Pictures of underbody of Lexus attached

24C89B83-A867-4B92-AC9D-29ADE275F0C0.jpeg

7E3D0CC4-33A4-4DB1-9B73-E703A941AED8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom