FJ40 Cross-Country Expedition: Will YOU join us??? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll have to check when but our club (RMLCA) is planning a trip to Tuktoyaktuk this year. The new highway just opened up and you can drive past Inuvik all the way to the Beaufort Sea/ Arctic Ocean now. I would have to hold on to the baton for quite a while but that would make some epic photos for the travelogue. Just a thought.

:popcorn:

Ok there desnt seem there is any interest in it coming east of Calgary but if there is id be willing to meet halfway and bring it east for another relay.

I'll have to check when but our club (RMLCA) is planning a trip to Tuktoyaktuk this year. The new highway just opened up and you can drive past Inuvik all the way to the Beaufort Sea/ Arctic Ocean now. I would have to hold on to the baton for quite a while but that would make some epic photos for the travelogue. Just a thought.

That would make for a great addition to the expedition. It's not a race, it's an adventure. Someone will come up with a plan to get it from you and until then, we'll see

Ok there desnt seem there is any interest in it coming east of Calgary but if there is id be willing to meet halfway and bring it east for another relay.

Varty, not so, totally had you in mind for next after me - assuming I get it at all. I've lived and still have close family in Winnipeg and so have driven Winnipeg-Calgary non-stop many times. Meeting half way-ish from Calgary to Regina is totally cool. My late paternal Grandmother lived in Swift Current all her life. That's roughly halfway to Winnipeg and where we used to always stop in for a rest/visit. Always gotta watch the RC's around Moose Jaw too - big training facility there and they love to pull people over in the middle of the night. Specially if you have a tail light out.

That would make for a great addition to the expedition. It's not a race, it's an adventure. Someone will come up with a plan to get it from you and until then, we'll see

Yeah, I just didn't want to sit on it until mid summer and have it stationary and uneventful too long. I checked and the Tuktoyaktuk trip is tentatively set for August long weekend (Aug4,5,6) but that's a 10 day round trip and too far away date wise. We are also doing a run put on by the Oil Country Cruisers in Edmonton and the Tarsands Toyota club called RubyThaw in Fort McMurray on the Feb 19th weekend (Presidents Day) and our annual trip to Ruby Lake in April. Nomad Creek in May - I could definitely get some wheeling pics. Or just go up to Banff and Jasper for some scenery.

Yup, I'll come get it on I90 and we'll see what happens.

In moose jaw is the air force base. ITs regina that has the rcmp training academy! Haha Maple creek area seems to be where all the drug busts go down for some reason. Im in regina so im pretty centered.

Hopefully it makes its way up here would love to partake in this. Alls good!

Winter sucks on the praries lol

Still waiting to hear from the group for this Sunday, whether it's a go or not. Might be put off one more week but still planning bon getting it to Redgrr for the trek east in February.

I'd be interested in participating. I'm in Glenwood IA, right outside of Omaha NE. I'm willing to drive 200 miles.

Right now it looks like one of the batons is headed to Seattle, then Montana where it heads north into Canada then east. Not sure where the other two are but I heard Colorado. It would be cool to hook onto one of those to carry that torch although I was looking forward to seeing the original briefcase if it came through the PNW

Right now it looks like one of the batons is headed to Seattle, then Montana where it heads north into Canada then east. Not sure where the other two are but I heard Colorado. It would be cool to hook onto one of those to carry that torch although I was looking forward to seeing the original briefcase if it came through the PNW
The briefcase is with @Reznugget in Chinle, AZ, with Las Vegas, NV as the next major destination. The beige toolbox is in the Denver area.

Thanks for the update

In route to Allyn!

069E0A53-0F27-468E-934E-9736DB8F5266.jpeg

A9871735-330D-4C63-9DF9-B21621C56BEA.jpeg

A couple of questions, trying to get more familiar with your neck of the woods seeing as how our son and daughter-in-law live SE of downtown Seattle. Are you taking the Seattle-Bremerton Ferry? And will you be stopping at Big Bubba's Burgers in Allyn (just curious, looks like it might be a good place to grab a burger)?

Yes, he's on the Bremerton boat from Seattle. That looks like the new boat (MV Chimacum), so quite possibly FJFOOL is at the helm. The group is meeting just south of Bubba's and across Hwy 3 at Lennard K's Boat House.

A couple of questions, trying to get more familiar with your neck of the woods seeing as how our son and daughter-in-law live SE of downtown Seattle. Are you taking the Seattle-Bremerton Ferry? And will you be stopping at Big Bubba's Burgers in Allyn (just curious, looks like it might be a good place to grab a burger)?

Yes, he's on the Bremerton boat from Seattle. That looks like the new boat (MV Chimacum), so quite possibly FJFOOL is at the helm. The group is meeting just south of Bubba's and across Hwy 3 at Lennard K's Boat House.
We'll have to check it out when we're up visiting in late May. We've only taken the Seattle-Bainbridge Ferry and the Anacortes-Orcas Island Ferry.

Looking forward to photos of today's hand-off, glad to see the toolbox up in the Seattle area.

Used that ferry often back in 94', lived downtown 114 1/2 1st ave, above the New Orleans jazz club, then moved to Marrowstone Island for a while, but never in a bitchin Troopy though!

Last edited:
Great meeting up with you guys today, we'll fill the Travelogue with pictures.

Used that ferry often back in 94', lived downtown 114 1/2 1st ave, above the New Orleans jazz club, then moved to Marrowstone Island for a while, but never in a bitchin Troopy though!

Crossed Marrowstone a hundred times headed to Flagler

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom