Dissent offroad modular front bumper (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe I missed it, but what material is this bumper made of and how does the weight compare to other popular bumpers like Slee or ARB? There are 89 pages on this thread already, too long to go search for answers at this point...please forgive my laziness :)
So far there is a full steel version and an aluminum steel hybrid, (steel center and aluminum wings) a full aluminum bumper is in the works but is still a ways out. The full steel bumper is 90 lbs without bull bar and about 115 with. The hybrid is about 65lbs without bar and 90 lbs with.
Projected weight of the full aluminum is 35-55 lbs.

So far there is a full steel version and an aluminum steel hybrid, (steel center and aluminum wings) a full aluminum bumper is in the works but is still a ways out. The full steel bumper is 90 lbs without bull bar and about 115 with. The hybrid is about 65lbs without bar and 90 lbs with.
Projected weight of the full aluminum is 35-55 lbs.
Thank you for clarifying!

Do the aluminum wings on the bumper provide any meaningful protection? I am not crazy off road, but am looking to getting into some fun.

Do the aluminum wings on the bumper provide any meaningful protection? I am not crazy off road, but am looking to getting into some fun.
They are better than stock but definitely will not take a hit like the steel. That being said I have never even hit the wings offroad due to the additional clearance.

Will this style bull bar also fit on an LX470 or does it not fit/clear due to how the grill is attached to the hood and both raise up when you pop the hood open?

image (6).jpeg

We get into a fair amount of "fun" too and I have never had the aluminum wings touch a thing. I wouldn't Hi-Lift from them but I've stood on them and generally forget they're even aluminum. I think they are a perfect compromise for 99% of the 100's that wheel out there. Since you asked!!

LogWing.jpg

Crappy cell phone camera...

Cheers,
rjones

They are better than stock but definitely will not take a hit like the steel. That being said I have never even hit the wings offroad due to the additional clearance.

Awesome. That is really good to know. I am buying a LC that already has a lift so this should be even less of an issue. Thank you for the quick response!

We get into a fair amount of "fun" too and I have never had the aluminum wings touch a thing. I wouldn't Hi-Lift from them but I've stood on them and generally forget they're even aluminum. I think they are a perfect compromise for 99% of the 100's that wheel out there. Since you asked!!

View attachment 1580664

Crappy cell phone camera...

Cheers,
rjones

Thanks for the reply. That picture definitely shows how impressive a 100 series is. That is made even more awesome with the Dissent bumper!

Thinking about ordering during the sale but I have a few questions :

- do I have to find my own way to paint this ?

- so what is the process ? I.e. it ships to me, then I take it to a powder coating shop? If they're going to do different colors for different parts do they have to then take it apart and paint individual pieces?

- after that how do I get this installed and all the lights wired ? Do I have to find some off-road shop ?

- Sorry I'm new to the armor world , and I live in West Michigan and I'm not sure that there are a lot of guys out here doing this with 100s. If I lived near Ben I would just take it to Ben's shop.

- i'm a single dad of a three-year-old and a one-year-old so I have no time to tackle any of this on my own . That, and I'm not very good at these things... But I do like the looks of that bumper , especially when you guys put those round LED lights in front of the grill I love that look . Basically I think it was Bens wife's white truck with the pics in the powder that is exactly what I like. That was awesome.

- Last question . With all of you guys putting on this bumper does that mean that you have taken off other bumpers, aka ARB, etc? I may be interested in one of those to save some money . But it would have to be somewhere in the Midwest . Anyone?

Reactions: JPS
Put my order in for a front bumper. Is there a running list of winches that work with this bumper? Looking to keep everything including the control solenoid tucked inside of the bumper.

@Captramrod01 - don't rule out relocating the winch solenoid behind the grille. I put a Warn 9500xp in my Dissent Offroad bumper and mounted the solenoid behind the grille. Okay, by "I" I mean ACC Garage. I pretty much pointed and said "Yeah, there looks good"

Pros: More room, better protected - higher up for all those deep water crossings
Cons: Ya gotta pop the hood to attach the winch remote.

@Manhattan Do you have any pics as to how they secured the solenoid? I have to open the hood before winching anyways to flip my kill switch (so winch doesn't have power until its actually being used).

@Captramrod01 This is what i did. Here is the mounting plate for my control box. Warn Zeon 10-S

full

All this winch talk has got me wondering if the winch I bought will fit. I just got a ZEON 10-s platinum. Any feedback from anyone?

Should fit. Mine is the Zeon 10-S and it fits fine as long as you remote locate the control box.

Thinking about ordering during the sale but I have a few questions :

- do I have to find my own way to paint this ?

- so what is the process ? I.e. it ships to me, then I take it to a powder coating shop? If they're going to do different colors for different parts do they have to then take it apart and paint individual pieces?

- after that how do I get this installed and all the lights wired ? Do I have to find some off-road shop ?

- Sorry I'm new to the armor world , and I live in West Michigan and I'm not sure that there are a lot of guys out here doing this with 100s. If I lived near Ben I would just take it to Ben's shop.

- i'm a single dad of a three-year-old and a one-year-old so I have no time to tackle any of this on my own . That, and I'm not very good at these things... But I do like the looks of that bumper , especially when you guys put those round LED lights in front of the grill I love that look . Basically I think it was Bens wife's white truck with the pics in the powder that is exactly what I like. That was awesome.

- Last question . With all of you guys putting on this bumper does that mean that you have taken off other bumpers, aka ARB, etc? I may be interested in one of those to save some money . But it would have to be somewhere in the Midwest . Anyone?
Yes, the bumper ships uncoated.
The bumper will also ship unassembled so you will need to take it to the coater and specify what parts you want what colors.
I can get you the colors of mine if that's exactly what you want.

If you can't install your self you will need to find a qualified shop to install, unfortunately I can not help you there as I'm am not sure of any shops in your area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom