Dissent offroad modular front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All this winch talk has got me wondering if the winch I bought will fit. I just got a ZEON 10-s platinum. Any feedback from anyone?
I also have a relocation bracket for the zeon series winch that will locate the box on the top center of the bumper. You will need the short relocation kit from warn for this. I don't have any pics handy but believe there are some on the website.

Thanks everyone for the orders!
I ended up with way more than I was expecting so it may take me a few days to get through the emails. I know a lot of you are wanting quick confermation to make sure you get the discount but I assure you if you sent me an email you are locked into the discount. If for some reason you did send me an email and do not hear back from me this week contact me and I'll make sure you get the discount.
Thanks!
Ben

Received my front bumper and roof rack today. Very high quality and much more than I expected.

It's one thing to see
@benc work online, but another to have it in your hand. Like everyone else says, this bumper is a solid piece of high functioning art
IMG_20180414_124540336.jpg

Stop pondering. Buy it

Last edited:
Received my front bumper and roof rack today. Very high quality and much more than I expected.

It's one thing to see
@benc work online, but another to have it in your hand. Like everyone else says, this bumper is a solid piece of high functioning art

Stop pondering. Buy it

What part of Phx are you in? I'll help with install if you need, I'm over in tukee. Curious to see the bumper in person. my brother has the blueberry and I'm interested in seeing how they compare

@Somebodyelse5, Central PHX. I've got to paint them first, so it will be a few weeks, but I'll be happy to show.
After having the front bumper in my hands, I'll be getting the rear bumper for sure, in the future

Last edited:
@Somebodyelse5, Central PHX. I've got to paint them first, so it will be a few weeks, but I'll be happy to show.
After having the front bumper in my hands, I'll be getting the rear bumper for sure, in the future
Cool, keep me in mind if you need some help!

@Captramrod01 - don't rule out relocating the winch solenoid behind the grille. I put a Warn 9500xp in my Dissent Offroad bumper and mounted the solenoid behind the grille. Okay, by "I" I mean ACC Garage. I pretty much pointed and said "Yeah, there looks good"

Pros: More room, better protected - higher up for all those deep water crossings
Cons: Ya gotta pop the hood to attach the winch remote.
CONCUR with the solenoid relocation. I installed an ENGO 10000s and had to do the same behind the hood latch support and it's perfect.

Yes, the bumper ships uncoated.
The bumper will also ship unassembled so you will need to take it to the coater and specify what parts you want what colors.
I can get you the colors of mine if that's exactly what you want.

If you can't install your self you will need to find a qualified shop to install, unfortunately I can not help you there as I'm am not sure of any shops in your area.
I had mine drop shipped to the powder coater here in Virginia. I visited them first and coordinated the delivery and they called when it arrived so I could inventory parts. One of my pallets got broken upo and thankfully all the parts made it into the box the trucker re-packed.

Whats the average cost for powder coat the bumper? trying to get an idea because the quotes I have received seem high.

Will this style bull bar also fit on an LX470 or does it not fit/clear due to how the grill is attached to the hood and both raise up when you pop the hood open?

Can you provide more photos of what the bull bar would look like for the LX?

does anyone have a lead on an install guide for this bumper? the one that was available seems to no longer have pictures.

does anyone have a lead on an install guide for this bumper? the one that was available seems to no longer have pictures.
Someone posted a .pdf in that thread. Download and use that, is my recommendation.

I finally received my front bumper (it looks great), & I’m looking for suggestions on fog lights / LED, etc that will fit in the 3x3 space cut out in the bumper. Thanks!

Is it recommended to install the bumper before powder coating to check for fit or is it got to get it coated and then install?

Is it recommended to install the bumper before powder coating to check for fit or is it got to get it coated and then install?
I was curious about this too when it was install time and I had it powder coated before install.

In hindsight, and if my rig was not my daily driver, then I would have gone ahead and bolted it up once (or twice) before coating to get good at it and hopefully minimize the risk of damage since I'm not a very good mechanic and I generally work alone.

Once you cut off that frame horn there is no easy path to going back to the stock bumper so if it's your daily you'll be driving around w/o a bumper until your powder coating is done. Not the end of the world I suppose, just probably not recommended.

HTH
Cheers,
rjones

Got mine last week and got it painted and installed this weekend. I am super happy with the bumper, it was probably the best fitting bumper I have installed, everything lined up great and the shims that came with the kit work perfect.

View attachment 1696257

Looks great. Did you change your corner lamps to LC housings/bulbs and make your turn signals blink there?

Looks great. Did you change your corner lamps to LC housings/bulbs and make your turn signals blink there?
I haven’t done anything with the turn signals yet, I totally forgot about them until the bumper was on, but I will be putting them up in the corner lamps. I am looking at parts right now but I will probably just modify the existing housing to fit a dual filament bulb and socket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom