Next Step - On board water (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My water system consists from 20 gal stainless steel tank mounted where the spare tire was

tank.jpg

Since the tank mounted higher than the bumper we had to use quick connectors with non return valve on the bumper normally we use a yacht SS filler opening.

inlt.jpg
exit.jpg
bump.jpg

I used 2.5 gal/min Flow jet pump with internal bypass, and pressure 40PSI switch. Operated from the main back panel

switc.jpg

My solution:

Home built solar roof rack shower

it works, I did not want to spend a bunch of money, I like it because it is simple, cheap and works. I spent about $100 and it can be easily pressurized via my onboard air setup. I do have a zodi how water shower setup I plan to modify by wiring in a dc submersible pump that can be dropped in the inlet on the tank. That way I can heat the water very hot when and if needed. I usually just use a tarp bungeed to the rear swingouts as a shower curtain. Works great. Just got to test the hot water recycling setup and make some custom shower mats to stand on. I usually fill the tank and 2 5 gallon jerry cans on my rear bumper setup at the last gas station before heading into the wilderness. That give 3 full solid showers.

I fitted the flexitank water bladder in the right rear wing, IIRC it was advertised as 24 litres but get around 27 in? I did it a few years back, and have no problems, if I had to level any criticism it would be that it should have had a bleed valve to help air out when filling, after about 20 litres the air is a little slow getting out, pointing the truck downhill definitely helps.

I use a shurflo pump this sits in the same box that has the gauges and switch gear for power distribution at the rear of the truck, the shower head fits to the roof rack, a curtain runs around on a rail below the RTT

Details in my long running thread, link in signature.

Regards

Dave

I've done most everything I can think of, but I haven't added on board water yet. I'd like to have a Little Giant pump like: Little Giant Pump, Utility, Nickel-Plated Brass, 12 VDC 365 | Zoro.com and have it connected to a quick disconnect showerhead on the roof rack. Trying to find a water bladder that would be appropriate to fit in the right rear quarter panel. Has anyone done this? Is there one you'd recommend? Heat element too?
front runner has several angled and cubed water storage tanks.

I'm low tech, but have hopes of being high tech once Joey creates OBW. I'm sure he'll have a bidet attachment at some point so I'm holding out.

This is what I'm currently using for the wife and little dude.

Oh, and SUBBED.

I'm a surfer so having pressurized water would be amazing. Also own a dog who loves the beach. Tired of sand in the truck! I bought this rinse kit thingy and honestly it kinda sucked. It doesn't;t have enough pressure to use even half of the water in the tank

I'm a surfer so having pressurized water would be amazing. Also own a dog who loves the beach. Tired of sand in the truck! I bought this rinse kit thingy and honestly it kinda sucked. It doesn't;t have enough pressure to use even half of the water in the tank

Take it back, you got a lemon. Mine is bone try when tapped and has as much pressure as a garden hose.

I’ve been trying to upload pictures from a couple of different builds I have done, but I can’t figure out how to download them to my Mud profile! I use my iPhone 6 for all my internet activity.... is there a trick?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom