Wheel speed sensor faults causing issue? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
04 LC with 200k miles
33" tires with just under 2" lift
Daily commuter, 80miles/day and all regular maintenance done as scheduled

Hi all,

Would one or more faulty Wheel Speed sensors cause ABS, Hydro pump, Center diff fault codes? Occasionally, my VSC kicks in when going around sweeping curves such as getting onto an interstate. Just had a check engine light with VSC TRAC Off lights and codes were:

C0205 - left front speed sensor malf
C0210 - right rear speed sensor malf
C0278 - open antilock brake circuit
C1201 - engine control system
C1223 - ABS malfunction???
C1253 - hydro pump
C1337 - different diameter tire malf
C1340 - skid control or center diff issues?
P0031 - O2 sensor B1

I'm hoping it's as simple as replacing wheel speed sensors. Please Help!

Thanks,

Justin

I would suggest taking a look at the steering rack bushings or the condition of entire steering rack.

I've read multiple threads of steering angle sensors causing these issues.

Do a quick forum search on "steering angle sensor" or something like that.

Also get Techstream (if you haven't already) and check if the steering angle is zero when the wheels are straight ahead.
Also check full lock on both sides, and then verify center again.

In my quick search I found a thread:

Steering Angle Sensor code on 2002 LX470

"It started out as a problem that would only occure on an angled curve (like a circular ramp from one highway to another). When the truck was leaning to the left, the right wheel would brake hard pulling the truck to the right.

Using the Toyota Tech software I could see that the wheel angle sensor inaccurately indicated the wheel was turning completely to one side. So when the truck would lean it would throw the yaw sensor. The computer sees the truck leaning and the wheel turned all the way to one side and thinks the vehicle is out of control. It tries to correct by braking the opposite wheel."

Ok, I'll take a look at those steering angle threads and test resistance on speed sensor. I was told my steering rack was leaking and that I need a new upper ball joint from an UNRELIABLE toyota dealer. I've already had CV axles and inner axle seals replaced twice and there has been a significant amount of gear whine since the dealer started replacing stuff. Frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom