Help - suspension issue causing wheel skipping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! I recently bought a cruiser of this forum several months back , and since I’ve had it , I’ve noticed a strange issue where specifically (1) when I accelerate quickly or (2) am going 15-30mph up a steep hill, my front end sort of tends to “swing” from side to side slightly, and occasionally the front tires may “skip” the pavement (as in the ever so slightly lose traction and make the “errrr” sound)

I am brand new to cruisers and have no idea if this is normal with a modified 100 but something tells me it is a suspension tuning issue..

Suspension: King 2.5 with built right UCAs
Tires: 285/75/17
Various other things: front and rear bumper, roof rack, rtt are the main things adding weight

May someone please lend their knowledge and help me diagnose this issue please? I haven’t taken this rig to a challenging trail yet mainly because I’m worried this issue could shoot me in the foot on the trail later so I’d like to address it now.

91799F9B-BCB9-4FB7-A556-F344E6785386.jpeg

0BB786B3-735D-4F9F-8A03-B399E6B7CDFE.jpeg

My 06 LX behaved something like that, when I had not enough droop (or too much lift) in front…

What is your center hub to fender lip measurement in front? How much droop in front ([center hub to fender lip measurement at full extension] - [center hub to fender lip measurement at rest])?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom