Help please - did I get a non-OEM part from the dealer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Replacing my knock sensors, here's what I got from the dealer:

IMG_0249.JPG
IMG_0251.JPG

I thought the OEM Denso knock sensors were supposed to say "Denso" on them, like this:

IMG_0248.JPG

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Denso is a product supplier for Toyota--

I highly doubt your dealer went to the trouble of putting a non-oem part in an oem package.

Right. I probably just didn't word my question correctly the first time... Denso is the OEM supplier of the knock sensors for our trucks. However, the knock sensors I got from my local dealer don't have the "Denso" logo on them like I have seen in other pictures of the part. This makes me concerned that I got a non-OEM part, and I wanted to verify if possible.

Call them up and have a friendly chat. It may be a superseding part/company , or wait for Beno or the like to chime in--

I highly doubt your dealer went to the trouble of putting a non-oem part in an oem package.

I mean, I totally agree... but you can see yourself from the pictures that they look like different parts. So, it kind of leaves a person to wonder...

Two of the take offs sitting here have that marking, possibly original? That said, Toyota, in their race to become GM, who knows where the stuff comes from anymore?:hillbilly:

That is an OE part from Matsushita.
Denso isn't the ONLY manufacturer of knock sensors for Toyota.

Oh okay. Thanks for that, I appreciate it! I thought Denso was the only OEM manufacturer of knock sensors for our particular trucks - they're the only ones I'd seen while searching mud. Searching google confirms Matsushita is also a supplier for Toyota.

The guy who works for Toyota also confirms they are a supplier for Toyota... :ninja:

A knock sensor is basically a very dumb version of an accelerometer. When detonation(knock) happens, a small piezoelectric crystal sends a signal to the ECU and the ECU adjusts the spark timing, fuel delivery, etc to prevent further knock.
An accelerometer could accomplish the same thing, but would require extra electronics to filter and watch for an impulse from detonation. While this is a much "smarter" way to accomplish the same task, it is more expensive/complex and more expensive than a dummy-proof piezoelectric sensor.

Oh okay. Thanks for that, I appreciate it! I thought Denso was the only OEM manufacturer of knock sensors for our particular trucks - they're the only ones I'd seen while searching mud. Searching google confirms Matsushita is also a supplier for Toyota.

Do your belts say "denso" on them?

What if the guy at toyota who told you that is the same guy putting non OEM parts in Toyota parts bags?? :hmm:

Cough conspiracy cough:rolleyes:

Interesting conspiracy, but I don't have anything to do with bagging parts.
FWIW, That sensor is linked to LC70/80/100, Crown, and Dyna

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom