2-2.5" AHC Lift Using King Coils & Shock Spacers (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

do they rub?

If you wheel 295/70-18 need to have bump stops to keep the tire from taking out the fender under compression with the wheel turned. This is a much better concern with AHC the non or an OME set up due to the better articulation AHC provides.

Well I have everything purchased except the coil springs. I am at over $300 already into this. Man I hope it works out good! I had to buy a Pittman Arm Puller and Techstream for 64 bit windows, so that added $60 to the overall price. Going to have to hold off on the springs until later this month, my wife isn't going to be happy when she sees all this!

Well I have everything purchased except the coil springs. I am at over $300 already into this. Man I hope it works out good! I had to buy a Pittman Arm Puller and Techstream for 64 bit windows, so that added $60 to the overall price. Going to have to hold off on the springs until later this month, my wife isn't going to be happy when she sees all this!
Just FYI you can rent a pitman arm puller from vatozone for "free", but also a good tool to have around.

Be sure to post up your results and post lift pics here when done!

With my neutral ride height (fender to hub center) at 21.75" my suspension looks like this on the ground:

View attachment 1312070

With the front tires off the ground, without restarting the truck, my measured height was 24.75" and looks like this:

View attachment 1312072

I failed to mention, my lift consists of 2" height achieved by sensor lift, slee diff drop, Japan 4x4 AHC actuator spacers, SPC upper control arms.

In full droop condition, do you still have full steering range without CV boot contact with the bracket? It looks closer at droop. When you turn the left, on the left side the boot will get closer. Any pics with this scenario?

Last edited:
So I just thought of a question. With the sensor install, does the comfort/sport knob still do it's job?

Just curious what everyone is measuring from hub to fender after just doing the sensor adjustments no spacers. I have ktrs 79 Springs on the rear.
I'm currently at 21“ front 22“ rear going by memory factory is 19.5/20.5". I'm happy to achieve a 1.5“ lift.

my steering is starting to be affected, I felt a little binding at full lock and one click from my cv as soon as I pulled out of my driveway after doing the lift.

Will a diff drop fix my cv issues with the binding?

So I just thought of a question. With the sensor install, does the comfort/sport knob still do it's job?
Yes
Just curious what everyone is measuring from hub to fender after just doing the sensor adjustments no spacers. I have ktrs 79 Springs on the rear.
I'm currently at 21“ front 22“ rear going by memory factory is 19.5/20.5". I'm happy to achieve a 1.5“ lift.

my steering is starting to be affected, I felt a little binding at full lock and one click from my cv as soon as I pulled out of my driveway after doing the lift.

Will a diff drop fix my cv issues with the binding?
You are right at the 1.5" mark. Steering may feel different or weird if you have yet to get an alignment. You NEED an alignment.

What do you mean by cv binding issues? If you only heard one click that could be many things settling in at the new suspension height.

When the steering wheel was turned say 90% left it was a similar feeling when a tire is stuck in a rut and the trail takes the wheel from your hand and continued to turn.

It only happend once, and maybe I'm over reacting but I'm not going to try turn full lock till my differential drop comes in.

My other problem is the 275/65/18 tires are starting to look small with the lift. Wish I went with a 33“.

Brought the truck in for an alignment this morning, drives like factory again. Still going to order the differential drop, but I won't be losing sleep over it.

When the steering wheel was turned say 90% left it was a similar feeling when a tire is stuck in a rut and the trail takes the wheel from your hand and continued to turn.

It only happend once, and maybe I'm over reacting but I'm not going to try turn full lock till my differential drop comes in.

My other problem is the 275/65/18 tires are starting to look small with the lift. Wish I went with a 33“.

Good to hear! Do these trucks need to get alignment done at the dealer or is anyplace that does alignment just as capable?

Got another question about this. I don't see why not, but can this be done with the stock springs, and then later install the Kings? Or can I install shock spacers and get everything back to spec. I have a lot of crap I need to get done on my truck and some stuff needs to be done in installments. And I need to able to drive it around after doing whatever I have done to it that day.

Last edited:
It will be fine on stock springs. Until you add any sort of load. Then you will wish you had done Kings.

It will be fine on stock springs. Until you add any sort of load. Then you will wish you had done Kings.

But it will be ok to get the spacers on and not do the rest of the lift until I have more time? The Kings will go in, especially before HIH!

Honestly that's a huge duplication of effort. Unless you see negative effects after adjusting the sensors, wait until you have the springs and then do both springs and spacers.

The sensor lift is a crazy simple deal. It literally takes 10 mins with 2 10mm wrenches.

Honestly that's a huge duplication of effort. Unless you see negative effects after adjusting the sensors, wait until you have the springs and then do both springs and spacers.

The sensor lift is a crazy simple deal. It literally takes 10 mins with 2 10mm wrenches.

And since I am going to change the AHC fluid at the same time, I should probably wait until I get the springs here. Has anybody found a place in the U.S. that has these springs, or something that is the equivalent? OME maybe?

And since I am going to change the AHC fluid at the same time, I should probably wait until I get the springs here. Has anybody found a place in the U.S. that has these springs, or something that is the equivalent? OME maybe?
You can just order the kings off eBay. It says who I sourced them from in the first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom