Intermittent sunroof movement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched and haven't found much on this topic. Lots of threads about cleaning the sunroof drains which is what I have also done but I have a problem with actuating the sunroof open & close. If completely closed, I need to bump the manual turn screw a turn to get the motion going. Once I do this, it seems to open about 1/4way then stops. I have to continue to go with the manual turning then bumping with push button to get it completely open. Same goes with closing, it won't work 100% by the switch, I have to help it along from time to time. Any ideas what is going on? I've tried lubricating the track but it works the same. The FSM talks about side to side adjustment but nothing about lubrication.

the motor or switch is probably starting to go out check your connections first

the motor or switch is probably starting to go out check your connections first

Thanks, when the slide movement stops there is a grinding or slipping noise coming from the motor. I don't think there is intermittent electrical signal, this seems like a mechanical slipping.

try closing it with the switch trim off you'll be able to see the motor and gear and see what's grinding

I wouldn't lube the sunroof too much, the grease just attracts dirt and debris

Do you have a lot of weight on the roof? Or, had a bunch of weight up there? I'm asking because you could be "pinching" the rails, or bent them.

I have two full sunroof units out of a 94 and 96 and am not all that far from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom