LED intermittent (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks,
First time caller, long-time listener. Just bought myself some LED 9005 and 9006's for my 97 J80. Installed and the hi's are great, the passenger side lo is on but the driver's side is hit and miss. I've swapped the 15amp fuse thinking maybe it was faulty. Light works then when I shut off/restart it doesn't. I've unplugged the connection a dozen times.
The bulbs have drivers attached....and they were brand new.

anybody have similar issues? The bulbs were recommended to work with my J80 and were supposed to be great.

Stumped.

Not exactly relating to the electronics here, but are you using stock headlight housings, or did you do the proper upgrade to projectors for use with LED bulbs?

Last edited:
Generally speaking, that's an issue with light output. The stock housings don't deal with LED bulbs well, regarding light scatter/spread & blinding oncoming traffic. The "correct" way is upgrading to projector housings so the lighting works well. Depot housings, for example.

Not a whole lot you can do with stock housings, but one cheap & mild upgrade is using 9011 & 9012 HIR bulbs. Just need to trim one of the tabs to fit. Not a huge improvement, but doesn't require anything else changed.

I wouldn't run LED bulbs unless you do it correctly..

Sounds like a faulty light. Might be an issue with the plug or wiring harness from swapping. If you have the old bulb try it again and see if the problem persist. That will tell you if it's the car or the light. Sorry that's all I've got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom