What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I installed custom sliders from @reevesci

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

20170225_233835.jpg
rebuilding my transfer case probably won't get done with it this weekend also changed out my power steering pressure line and did the oil galley fix and fan shroud mod also changing my transmission fluid because I didn't know it needed to be drained before taking the case apart on my 62 looks like I killed my truck transmission fluid all over the floor....ha o well.

Swapped the original steering dampener for a Tough Dog RTC one... my only concern it that the tapered fittings on the new dampener didn't pull all the way into the original bracket, or the 555 tie rod end (if that is what that part is...).
It is pulling very slightly to the left, so I might take it off to adjust, and see if there is a way of getting both fittings seated a bit further...

IMG_2855.JPG

IMG_2856.JPG

View attachment 1409825 rebuilding my transfer case probably won't get done with it this weekend also changed out my power steering pressure line and did the oil galley fix and fan shroud mod also changing my transmission fluid because I didn't know it needed to be drained before taking the case apart on my 62 looks like I killed my truck transmission fluid all over the floor....ha o well.
Go you man! Sweet.

Recurved my diz.

IMG_3861.JPG

Swapped the original steering dampener for a Tough Dog RTC one... my only concern it that the tapered fittings on the new dampener didn't pull all the way into the original bracket, or the 555 tie rod end (if that is what that part is...).
It is pulling very slightly to the left, so I might take it off to adjust, and see if there is a way of getting both fittings seated a bit further...

View attachment 1409853

View attachment 1409854
My OME one was the same - I fitted it in 2011 and it hasn't moved a millimeter since, so I wouldn't stress too much about it not going all the way in.....

Tested the overhauled wiper linkage and new 4Runner wiper arms in some heavy wet snow and rain. It was also the first time taking out new hound out for a good snow romp with his 2 other dog brothers.

All went very well!

IMG_4253.JPG

Wow look at you getting all fancy with your bad self!!

No pics of mine but painted 3 lines of the rear heater grid with the small bottle of conductive paint I got from my repair order. Unfortunately haven't had any weather good enough to test out the grid. If all goes well then I will order another bottle and repaint the rest of the lines, have a feeling that removing the tint removed some of the line causing them not to work as well.

Also, went after some fender rust from the inside with Klean-Strip Prep & Etch. Trying to kill what little rust was in the repaired section of the drivers rear quarter and seems to be working well. Figure if this works then I will go after some other rust I have going on in hopes of staving it off for a while longer until the weather is more acceptable to be replacing panels and what not.

Wow look at you getting all fancy with your bad self!!

No pics of mine but painted 3 lines of the rear heater grid with the small bottle of conductive paint I got from my repair order. Unfortunately haven't had any weather good enough to test out the grid. If all goes well then I will order another bottle and repaint the rest of the lines, have a feeling that removing the tint removed some of the line causing them not to work as well.

Also, went after some fender rust from the inside with Klean-Strip Prep & Etch. Trying to kill what little rust was in the repaired section of the drivers rear quarter and seems to be working well. Figure if this works then I will go after some other rust I have going on in hopes of staving it off for a while longer until the weather is more acceptable to be replacing panels and what not.
Thanks Greg!
Man that's a total pisser that your defrost lines peeled off! I was pondering pulling my tints but not if that will happen. Maybe I'll just do the front door windows.

Thanks Greg!
Man that's a total pisser that your defrost lines peeled off! I was pondering pulling my tints but not if that will happen. Maybe I'll just do the front door windows.

Tint was the self install kits from one of the POs so god knows the quality of the stuff put on. I have a feeling that do to its age and probably sub par quality it pulled some of the copper from the lines (basically what the conductive lines are).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom