VDJ79 on CANADIAN soil (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:shrug:
i don't like the new body style...
it might grow on me but right now it is too "American" for my tastes...

It reminds me of the 60 series.

x2 They kind of castrated it with those goofy headlights and full width bonnet.
Ive been looking at them everyday for a year and the look has not grown on me.
When the early 7* series hit the road,the look was was an instant hit with me.

Another thing that peeves me off about the new model is the front axle is wider by 4 inches than the rear.
Once you know its there,you always notice it.

so you are saying this body will fit an 80 series pretty close...

agreed, the first time i laid eyes on a 70 series with its rugged good looks i fell hard. the 60, 80 and this thing is... not attractive.

so you are saying this body will fit an 80 series pretty close...

You are extrapolating things beyond what I said.

agreed, the first time i laid eyes on a 70 series with its rugged good looks i fell hard. the 60, 80 and this thing is... not attractive.

I think the 60 has passable looks but the 80 has buck teeth and glasses :D

Mine Toyotas

I drive by a mining supply place here in North Bay and stare every time I see those lovely little Cruizers sitting there. There's 6 or more of them right now. I just wonder who the lucky bastard who always gets to move them around the yard. They're not always in the same place.

I'm pretty sure, come to think of it, that I saw one driving around North Bay with plates on it. Someone figured out how to get by the legalities? I only saw it once.

x2 They kind of castrated it with those goofy headlights and full width bonnet.
Ive been looking at them everyday for a year and the look has not grown on me.
When the early 7* series hit the road,the look was was an instant hit with me.

Another thing that peeves me off about the new model is the front axle is wider by 4 inches than the rear.
Once you know its there,you always notice it.
They had to fit the V8 in there somehow. It's a pretty wide engine, and it wouldn't fit in the wedge style engine bay with exposed guards of the 75/79 Series utes. The guy that did the 100 Series conversion to the 1VD reckoned it was a tight squeeze in the 100 engine bay as it was. Pretty sure that's why the diff is wider too. I agree wholeheartedly that he headlights are ugly as sin, and they put out a poor amount of light to boot.....

Yeah , I know but they still look krap. I would have been happier if they added a wider axle to the rear to match the front.

It's almost like it's a last-gasp refresh for minimal effort and cost!

It worked for Landrover for 70 years

Worked as in they kept selling them, unfortunately the militaries of the world were not so fussed about various aspects of fit and finish.
But they stopped the leaks in the dash vents by deleting them.
Bring on the gwagen

Mr MudGudgeon
I hope you realize that owning a Landrover requires you to always have your hand in your pocket buying something to fix the bloody thing. The VDJ has it's problems but I would take it any day over what's on the market now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom