What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (67 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can't believe they let that game get away. Horrible coaching!
1,800 miles in three days, one of the best weekend of my life.

Turned 110,000 on the way home tonight.

So I am beyond pumped about the retrofit for my '06. It's a true quad-projector set up, with D2S's in the low/high beams and Mini H1's in the high only. There's a LED strip around the high beam section that functions as a DRL/indicator that I think turned out REALLY well, and LED turn signal bulbs to complement the strip. Before you guys ask, no I did not attempt this myself, I had it done at RIHIDS in Woonsocket Rhode Island. Great guy to work with and his work seems to be top notch.

With just low beams on:
20150930_205839_zpspkacrvvw.jpg

With lows and highs on:

20150930_210153_zpsykpwsd2u.jpg

With just DRL's on (whenever ignition is turned, same as OEM)

20150930_210112_zpsova4rhus.jpg

While I'm not thrilled with the look of the indicator in that bright LED white, I think I'll get used to it. Having both the LED strip and the indicator blink in unison as opposed to one halogen makes everything look a lot better. I'll try to capture a shot of that at some point but right now I'm going to adjust them a bit higher.

I'll try to get some better daytime shots tomorrow so you can see the work itself better.

Curious. How much would this set me back? I've been thinking of getting a new set for my '06...and it'd be a great opportunity to have them retro fitted prior to installing.

Curious. How much would this set me back? I've been thinking of getting a new set for my '06...and it'd be a great opportunity to have them retro fitted prior to installing.

It wasn't cheap, a little over $1k all said and done, but to me it it 100% worth it. Driving at night is much less of a strain on the eyes, and now my night time trips up to ski won't be as nerve-racking.

So I am beyond pumped about the retrofit for my '06. It's a true quad-projector set up, with D2S's in the low/high beams and Mini H1's in the high only. There's a LED strip around the high beam section that functions as a DRL/indicator that I think turned out REALLY well, and LED turn signal bulbs to complement the strip. Before you guys ask, no I did not attempt this myself, I had it done at RIHIDS in Woonsocket Rhode Island. Great guy to work with and his work seems to be top notch.

With just low beams on:
20150930_205839_zpspkacrvvw.jpg

With lows and highs on:

20150930_210153_zpsykpwsd2u.jpg

With just DRL's on (whenever ignition is turned, same as OEM)

20150930_210112_zpsova4rhus.jpg

While I'm not thrilled with the look of the indicator in that bright LED white, I think I'll get used to it. Having both the LED strip and the indicator blink in unison as opposed to one halogen makes everything look a lot better. I'll try to capture a shot of that at some point but right now I'm going to adjust them a bit higher.

I'll try to get some better daytime shots tomorrow so you can see the work itself better.
Could you make a video of these at dusk. Also can the guy do more sets or was this a one off sort of thing.

Just changed my oil and this is how I keep track of it since I'm always in the fridge.
View attachment 1141350

I use a sharpie to write the mileage and date on all my filters when I change them. Started with my Duramax so I would know how old fuel filters were.

....of course, you probably see it on your fridge more often than laying under the truck.

Got some new rubber! Morons put white letters on the outside after I told them black facing out so I need to have them flip them around (happening tomorrow). Oh and they broke a stud. Anyway, been driving on them for a week and they are amazing on the road. Night and day compared to the 7 year old Hankook Dynapros that were on the truck when I bought it this past March. So smooth and quiet and handling has increased significantly.

~8415716.jpg

What size did you get?

Got some new rubber! Morons put white letters on the outside after I told them black facing out so I need to have them flip them around (happening tomorrow). Oh and they broke a stud. Anyway, been driving on them for a week and they are amazing on the road. Night and day compared to the 7 year old Hankook Dynapros that were on the truck when I bought it this past March. So smooth and quiet and handling has increased significantly.

View attachment 1141486
Looks great! The white letters actually don't look too bad.

I agree, the white isn't too hateful but I've always ran my BFGs black on the outside, just my preference I suppose. I did want to post the white facing out pic tho in case anyone else wanted to know how they looked.

Regarding size (putting my flame suit on here) I didn't man up and go 33" or bigger which seems to be the popular choice here on mud. I went 275/65/18 for several reasons. First, I felt 32.1" was good compromise over the 31" OEM rubber. Second, width is same as OEM, third, rubber is slightly lighter than 33" rubber would be. At the end of the day I had to be honest with myself. I don't get to play off-road as much as I'd like. 99.9% of the miles are on pavement unfortunately. I just felt the extra wear and tear and decreased MPG of a 33" (however miniscule it would be) was worth avoiding.

Got a new set of WeatherTech molded floormats for front and midde seats... Couldn't decide on which version for the rear so I went cheap and got the generic version. Overall, I'm very impressed with the WeatherTech's and pretty happy with the generic mat in the back.

Hate to tell you this, but the LC/LX will need four of those.

;)

Nice score!

Brand new shafts both sides. Blew the PS CV on the trail last weekend. Figured best option since the Both had been rebooted so it was just a matter of time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443877052.520419.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443877064.425227.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom