100's to Cruise Moab 2015 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@paflytyer still have a few slots for the overnight run? I am thinking I could be easily convinced to hit the road.

Yes... Love to have you along, Andy! The Cruise Moab website shows the Kokopelli as full, but it's not. There are 3 spots available right now. Here's our TEAM THREAD. If you're thinking about joining, shoot me a PM, email or message and I'll help get you registered. @AimCOtaco is on the CM committee and will get the website thing worked out as well.

Just read the thread. I would really like to do it, but honestly I'm a little worried I'm not armored enough. Front bumper is still stock, although I should have my BenC bumper by then...

Zero underbelly armor and 33" tires...

I had no belly skids, just sliders and they kept the underside protected. Probably had 1" to 1.5" taller tires though. I honesty think you would be fine with 33s, though.

Just read the thread. I would really like to do it, but honestly I'm a little worried I'm not armored enough. Front bumper is still stock, although I should have my BenC bumper by then...

I've done it without skids too. We had a few FJ Cruisers with us last year on 33's with no issues. Your front bumper probably won't hit much (maybe not at all) but the rear will take a few good thumps. I guarantee you'd make it through without issues.

Yes... Love to have you along, Andy! The Cruise Moab website shows the Kokopelli as full, but it's not. There are 3 spots available right now. Here's our TEAM THREAD. If you're thinking about joining, shoot me a PM, email or message and I'll help get you registered. @AimCOtaco is on the CM committee and will get the website thing worked out as well.

Further Kokopelli registrants please do sign up for the wait-list. We will manually fit in as many as we can in a fair, as registered order. Sorry for the confusion, we've limited the size of the Kokopelli trip to assure quality this year but our registration code needs a little tweak to accommodate that (and we're not messing with live code at this stage).

@ntsaint, @paflytyer knows the capability of you and your vehicle so if he's says your good then you are most certainly good. Hope to see you there!

Just ask for the "Bloomer Line" and you'll be fine!

Sounds like a fun trip. I thought about signing up but not 100% sure I can get the land cruiser prepped to go in time. Hopefully I'm in for next year.

Sounds like a fun trip. I thought about signing up but not 100% sure I can get the land cruiser prepped to go in time. Hopefully I'm in for next year.

Prepped? It's built up right? Come on John lets hit the road!

Also I hear at the end of every Bloomer line there is a full service car wash! :)

Your truck is ready right now, John! I've honestly learned more about my 100 on the Kokopelli than any other trip I've done. Your confidence in what your vehicle can safely tackle will increase two-fold by the time we're finished. There are very few Bloomer Lines and turning back isn't an option. ;) This is truly a 100 Series overlanding trip of a lifetime.

Prepped? It's built up right? Come on John lets hit the road!

Also I hear at the end of every Bloomer line there is a full service car wash! :)

Your truck is ready right now, John! I've honestly learned more about my 100 on the Kokopelli than any other trip I've done. Your confidence in what your vehicle can safely tackle will increase two-fold by the time we're finished. There are very few Bloomer Lines and turning back isn't an option. ;) This is truly a 100 Series overlanding trip of a lifetime.

Yep @Bloomer has plenty of truck for this trip.
Great drinking game idea, read this thread and have a shot every time that overlanding or expedition is mentioned. LOL, you won't last long

I really appreciate the vote of confidence!!!! This sounds like an incredible trip with a great group of people! Just trying to decide if I need to do the 90K service before another long trip. I'm below 90K miles but pushing the time limit (some skids and a refrigerator might be nice for this trip too).

May feel differently (probably will) in the next couple days. Although, it sounds like the waiting list will be filling up quickly.

Guys looks like I gotta be out. Dates just aren't going to work out, and I feel like I'd be rushed to get ready. Plus don't want to push the luck with the wife.

I WILL be there next year though, so keep me in mind for the run then.

You guys have a great time.

I am very excited to join in this at Moab. I will probably have my front bumper by then, I just rebuilt all my suspension (2.5 lift), new tires and new steering rack/tierods. My main concern is that I still have the original 98 front diff. I plan to get my from air locker but don't think it will happen in time. I have a factory rear locker but can't imagine blowing the front in Moab. Also, I have aftermarket front axles. Want to commit now but don't want to back out 2 weeks before if I don't have my new axles and diff.

My main concern is that I still have the original 98 front diff. I plan to get my from air locker but don't think it will happen in time. I have a factory rear locker but can't imagine blowing the front in Moab. Also, I have aftermarket front axles. Want to commit now but don't want to back out 2 weeks before if I don't have my new axles and diff.

Breaking a diff is not uncommon in Moab. Just choose your trails wisely and do your best to not allow the front wheels to come off the ground. The sandstone and slickrock have an enormous amount of traction. A wheel lifting into the air and then touching back down on that grippy surface.... is the perfect combination for broken parts.

Man I would love to make it, but I usually lead trails Thurs-Saturday, would hate to miss a day. :) I will definitely make the 100's in the hills trip! Already on my calendar. :)

Man I would love to make it, but I usually lead trails Thurs-Saturday, would hate to miss a day. :) I will definitely make the 100's in the hills trip! Already on my calendar. :)

That sounds like a terrible excuse to miss the Kokopelli. You'll be in town by Thursday night and I'm pretty sure we can find a trail leader for your Thursday trail.

Hey,leading trails is not a horrible excuse!! :flipoff2: I might go ahead and get on the wait list then...then see what trails I get assigned. Not all that confident in what will be assigned to me this year. :rolleyes:
Always wanted to do this trip...

I am very excited to join in this at Moab. I will probably have my front bumper by then, I just rebuilt all my suspension (2.5 lift), new tires and new steering rack/tierods. My main concern is that I still have the original 98 front diff. I plan to get my from air locker but don't think it will happen in time. I have a factory rear locker but can't imagine blowing the front in Moab. Also, I have aftermarket front axles. Want to commit now but don't want to back out 2 weeks before if I don't have my new axles and diff.

There is definitely a lot of terrain that won't be overly taxing to a stock front diff. Because of the exceptional traction wheel spin is easy to avoid on the less technical obstacles. If the worst happens, breaking a front diff on a 100 doesn't have to end your weekend either, lots of fun can be had at the event in 2wd. My advise would be to register and attend as long as you can meet the vehicle inspection requirements.

Still space available for those who haven't signed up yet but I wouldn't put it off any longer than necessary!

There is definitely a lot of terrain that won't be overly taxing to a stock front diff. Because of the exceptional traction wheel spin is easy to avoid on the less technical obstacles. If the worst happens, breaking a front diff on a 100 doesn't have to end your weekend either, lots of fun can be had at the event in 2wd. My advise would be to register and attend as long as you can meet the vehicle inspection requirements.

Still space available for those who haven't signed up yet but I wouldn't put it off any longer than necessary!

Agreed, lack of a front licker should not keep you from this run. I still don't have a front locker. Oops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom