New to 100’s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, already an 80-series owner, but ended up picking up a LX470. Just starting a thread to document progress and ask some questions..

Here’s some picks when I brought her home.

8BA7786A-9042-4785-AFC1-D2D54B948FF6.jpeg

34EBCAF6-4BCA-45A8-8C8B-B612A3F26633.jpeg

So far this is what has been done..
Sound deadening
Recovered front seats and cleaned interior
Replaced nav screen
Timing belt water pump..and engine :(
Fixed sliding sun roof
Replaced upper A-arms
Fluid replacement. Trans, diffs, t-case
Flush rad
Fan, fan bracket
Immobilizer bypass.. thanks @medtro
Numerous other little stuff as well

To do:
Diagnose and fix sound system
AHC service
Brake pads and rotors/ service
Replace O2 sensor that is throwing a code
Get these new meats installed..285/75’s
7B7D3541-D976-4FA4-BDE5-5C729B167AD4.jpeg

Ouch, that's a tough one for sure. Hopefully the price was right, engine considered.

How many miles on the original/new engine?

If you are on Facebook I recommend you consider joining the FB Group "UZJ100". Great source of tech info.

Good luck with the new rig!

Ouch, that's a tough one for sure. Hopefully the price was right, engine considered.

How many miles on the original/new engine?
Picked it up for a decent price. Would have offered less if head gasket issue was known. Original engine had 228,xxx and the engine out of the Tundra had about 170,xxx. All things considered, still around 7k in.

Congratulations and what a way to start a project. Please consider servicing your Rear Main Seal “while in there”.

Congratulations and what a way to start a project. Please consider servicing your Rear Main Seal “while in there”.
Thank you. Unfortunately I did not do the rear main. Hope it’s not something I’ll regret..she did get a new oil pump, starter, plugs, coils and the power steering lines to the reservoir. I’m just happy it doesn’t leak and I didn’t have any leftover bolts.

wow! that is a lot of work. I am really impressed with the before / after on the carpet. Hopefully you ddont have to do that to the full interior.
one time i bought a car that was gross inside, i took the entire carpet out of the car, and pressure washed it. It came out great and smelled like new. I pressure washed the cloth seats as well. They took a week to try, but it was well worth it. They looked and smelled almost new again

wow! that is a lot of work. I am really impressed with the before / after on the carpet. Hopefully you ddont have to do that to the full interior.
one time i bought a car that was gross inside, i took the entire carpet out of the car, and pressure washed it. It came out great and smelled like new. I pressure washed the cloth seats as well. They took a week to try, but it was well worth it. They looked and smelled almost new again
I didn’t think it was that bad until I stated cleaning it.. It was all of the carpet too. With the drill brush, I was able to run through all of it in about 1.5 hrs

Well, Tires happened sooner then planned. This morning actually and in the parking lot of the local YMCA. I’m sure they loved having my vehicle there on Jack stands. I’m loving the way it fills out the wheel wells. Wife says I need to paint the rims black… It’s time for her to get her hands dirty.
F345B801-0C06-4098-B92A-00B56AA641B0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom