What do you guys think about our upcoming Short Throw Shift Base? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BigMike

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marlincrawler.com
Source: http://www.marlincrawler.com/transmission/shifter-parts/short-throw-shifter-base

What sets our new base apart from other kits?

• Leak-free One-piece Design
  • Serviceable 10.9 Grade Pivots
  • Includes Pre-modified Toyota Shift Handle
  • Includes the World's BEST Heavy Duty Seat and Socket
  • Low Profile Design for floorboard clearance
  • Made in USA from USA Billet Aluminum
  • Integrated Factory Toyota Breather

We know that used bases with good pivots are becoming harder and harder to find. This solution has all new parts and the pivots are 1) stronger than stock, and 2) rebuildable.
So what do you guys think?

Initial Applications Include... (more applications coming soon)

• 1984 G52 Transmission
  • 1985-1989 G54 Transmission
  • 1986-1987 R151F Turbo Transmission
  • 1988-1995 R150F Transmission
  • 1995-2005 R150F Transmission

Click here for more info -- Use the "Notify" button to be automatically notified once this bad-boy is ready for sale!!
Clicky: http://www.marlincrawler.com/transmission/shifter-parts/short-throw-shifter-base

BigMike

I have no personal experience with this particular part. But im sure that it is top-notch quality just like everything else you guys produce. Just wanna say thanks for making such great parts to all of you at Marlin Crawler.

Thanks for the nice comment 22re :D

Got a few install photos from a 3rd gen 4Runner

You can see our HD shift seat installed:

short-throw-installed-1.jpg

Here is the new Toyota Boot:

short-throw-installed-2.jpg

Here you can see our reconditioned transmission shift handle:

short-throw-installed-3.jpg

Nice product, good idea - I know when I swapped transmissions from the G52 to the W56, I was looking for a better conditioned shift base than my original. Always impressed with the innovation and quality workmanship from you guys at Marlin.

No problem BigMike :D

Not trying to thread jack but what do i need to do to get a small marlin sticker? I didnt receive one when i bought my twin stick and 4.7's from you guys. But my buddy did when he ordered his turtle shift knobs..? Lol

I know you said "initial" but was curious are there plans for short throws for the "W" series transmissions? I have often thought about a short throw but the market for them for our trucks has been sparse... I'd probably be in for one if/ when they come for the W56.

22re: Send me a PM with your contact details and I'll get some stickers headed your way :D

As for W-series applications, we are most certainly going to offer them. The reason why we went with the base we designed is twofold:

#1) It reaches a majority of our customers, as the single kit fits the following 8 applications:
G52, G54, G58, 3.0-liter R150F, 3.4-liter R150F, Turbo R151F, and Jeep/Dodge AX-5 & AX-15 (these Chrysler applications coming soon).
The date range of this one kit fits a 20-year application spread from 1984-2004, and fits Hilux Pickups, Hilux 4Runners, T100s, Tacomas, 3rd gen 4Runners, and Tundras -- all from this single kit. It's also possible our new kit fits the MA5, AN5, and AR5, which are used in GM and Isuzu applications, however we don't know this to be true outside of their internal compatibilities (send me a PM with shifter base pictures if you have one of these!).

#2) The W-series is popular, it's what I have in my personal rig, but the bases are broken up into four different styles, the A/B, C, D/E, and the W59. The bolt patterns of the C and D/E bases are the same, so only three different bases will be needed, but the application spread here is far smaller:
W56A/B or W56C/D/E or W59
So we'd need to either choose to release the kit for the A/B or the C/D/E or the W59, which means we'd only be capturing a smaller percentage of users with the introduction product.

So as you can see the kit we designed is the clear winner in terms of compatibility. I'll post up more info for W-series applications as more development is made!!

Thanks for the question!
Mike

Cool, thanks for the knowledge bomb. I just got schooled on Toyota tranny's. Course from the guys who wrote the book on these transmissions and t-cases I would expect nothing less. :grinpimp:

I will look forward to updates on the W series bases.

22re: PM received and will process early next week, thanks!!

Got a picture of the complete kit to show what's included!

Pre-assembled MC Base, MC Heavy Duty Seat & Socket, Extended Toyota handle, Toyota boot, and Bolt Kit:

transmission-short-throw-shifter-kit.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks so much BigMike! I sent you a PM saying a recieved the stickers. You guys at Marlin rock!! (no pun intended) :D

Okay guys,

I am busy working on the installation guide, which isn't done yet, but I do have these excellent comparison photos prepared.

I also officially measured the difference in throw reduction and it is 40% :D which for a standard height 6cyl handle (shown below) is 1-inch reduction per throw (2-inches reduction total)!

Comparison, Stock on left, MCI on right:
stock-shifter-positions.jpg
mci-shifter-positions.jpg

I should have the installer done next week. More to come soon!

Regards,
BigMike

These are now available as an Add-On option when you order one of our rebuilt G- or R- series 2WD or 4WD transmission. Saves you the trouble of having to remove and replace bases, and the Short Throw's leak-free performance is guaranteed under the Transmission Warranty at no extra cost!

Regards,
BigMike

Looks pretty sweet. Any future plans to produce products for the H55F transmission?

Putting in a request for an H55 shifter assembly :D

Sad part is I think I'm the only one....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom