Fender differences in model years? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched but couldn't find a definitive answer on this so here goes; would the front fenders (left and right) from a 1993 80 fit on a 97? I.E. are the mounting holes the same for the fender flares and such or are there any known differences?

I'm just about to pull the trigger on two front fenders from a 93 but they are remote and I can't directly compare. Any help is welcomed.

In looking for fender flare gaskets (pads) I stumbled into this toyota part number 5385-60020-01 and also wonder if it would fit on a 97? I called a Toyota dealer parts department and they said no but a single information source doesn't seem sufficient since there seemed to be overlapping or changed part numbers for the pads. I purchased them from another forum member who promptly sent them and then immediately refunded my money when I discovered they are apparently from the earlier end of the model year range. I couldnt match the part number on the internet using Google but it clearly exists since I'm looking at four bags of them like marked. If I can't use them, I'll provide them to anyone here free courtesy of dallen341 who refunded my money when there was just the hint that the part was not right. Impressive to say the least but I don't want to hang onto them either if someone could use them.

Thanks,

Brad

Last edited:
Fender styling will be slightly different. As far as the bolt patterns I'm not sure. I do know the fender flare holes even between 1997 LandCruiser and 1997 LX450 were slightly different. I put a 1997 Land Cruiser fender on my LX - it worked but had not all of the flare holes lined up correctly.

Not sure on the 1993 but being that they are totally different styles there will be differences.

Dang, I had no idea and just thought about it because the fender gasket didn't seem to be the same. I've got to take a detailed look. I don't want to have to jury rig the existing flare/flare mounts on the wrong fenders. I appreciate your information.

Fender styling will be slightly different. As far as the bolt patterns I'm not sure. I do know the fender flare holes even between 1997 LandCruiser and 1997 LX450 were slightly different. I put a 1997 Land Cruiser fender on my LX - it worked but had not all of the flare holes lined up correctly.

Not sure on the 1993 but being that they are totally different styles there will be differences.

There are six different fenders.

91-92 with flares
91-92 without flares
93-94
95-97 with side moildings
95-97 without side mouldings
LX450

The basic shape is the same, the difference is the number and location of holes (or the lack thereof ).

Thanks very much. I had no idea but sincerely appreciate the education. What a parts guy nightmare! (well that and ignorant customers). At least I'm humble in my ignorance....

Thank you again.

Brad

There are six different fenders.

91-92 with flares
91-92 without flares
93-94
95-97 with side moildings
95-97 without side mouldings
LX450

The basic shape is the same, the difference is the number and location of holes (or the lack thereof ).

Has anyone had any experience trying to fit 94 type flares onto a 96? Drilling holes etc? Found a good deal on the fronts and rears color matched and all. Just unsure about drilling into body and doors, not as worried about the front flares

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom