Carpet kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

djawahir

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
battlebalm.com
Hi Guys,
Has anyone tried a carpet kit from these guys??

Fryer's Auto Upholstery
15025 22nd Ave NW
Marysville, WA 98271

360-652-4794 or 1-888-205-4659
www.autoupholsterykits.com

I'm looking for a good replacement set and I've heard a lot about JTO and SOR kits. Just looking for possible alternatives.

never heard of them. i wonder if the complete kit is molded. it should be for the considerable jump in price over the passenger area carpet.

if you get it, be sure to post up your thoughts.

They said their kit is cut and sewn and the exposed edges will have vinyl binding.

Is cut and sewn worse than molded?

I'm getting samples in a few days.

They said their kit is cut and sewn and the exposed edges will have vinyl binding.

Is cut and sewn worse than molded?

I'm getting samples in a few days.

seems odd that the passenger section was like 179 or whatever, but it's 400 for the whole kit. the cargo section is a flat piece, easy to make.

reading their website, cut and sewn looks like multiple pieces, so molded would be better.

Just emailed them:

Looking over your website, I noticed you have a set for the FJ62
Landcruiser. Is this molded carpet or pieces cut and sewn together?
Also, does the complete kit include the piece of carpet that goes on
the tailgate? Thanks.

JJ

AFAIK, higher-end cars come with cut and sewn carpets (seams are hidden). I would say that if done right, it's better, molded would be a more economical choice, and would be like factory...

As for economical, those prices look pretty good to me. If you've checked some other places for "good" used carpet, their prices for new carpet seem CHEAP.

Here's their response:
"Thanks for your inquiry. This is a cut and sewn carpet with vinyl binding on all of the exposed edges. The kit covers the front and rear main floor, the rear cargo floor, the wheel wells and the rear seat back, no listing for the tail gate.

Best Regards,
Delon"

And then mine reply to that:
"Thank you for prompt response. One more quick question, if I got dimensions of the tailgate carpet, or sent you mine as an example, could you make a replacement piece for it? I need a new one badly. Thank you.

JJ"

looks nice for $179. i guess that covers the front and rear seats area. Someone buy the front section and post pics :grinpimp:

Damn....and I just left Wa.

They just emailed back and said they were going to check with their supplier about the tailgate piece. I'll post as soon as I hear anything.

I've got samples coming soon from www.autoupholsterykits.com. I'll post up what I think about the samples in a week or so.

I've also looked at Chester & Herod for a carpet kit. They have yet to respond to my emails, though.

My last email to them asked if they give discounts for group buys. If they do, is anyone interested?

Count me in. Thanks

As I understand it, you can choose the color or the style, either cut-pile or loop.

I got mine from CoolCruisers. Good quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom