Austin area V8 swap.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently, I have become so frustrated with my emissions and power, that I feel like I must at least investigate this option, otherwise I'm going to do the unthinkable and dump my beloved rig. Since the local specialty shop (LCS offroad) is gone, I don't know who in the area to go to and especially not for something so custom. This is a project I'm not interested in doing myself at my house. Does anybody in the Austin area do this kind of work or know somebody that does? I'm sure I would not be averse to driving the truck an hour or so out of town to have the work done.

Thanks,

JP

JK might during His off season

Is he on these boards or should I just contact him through his site? Would like to find out when his off season is.....

JP

If you really want a V8 60, the cheapest way to get one is to buy it already converted. You'll save a ton of money....

Is he on these boards or should I just contact him through his site? Would like to find out when his off season is.....

JP

better off callin or goin buy he not on here to much ...this isnt his off seson:D

Cool, thanks klingon, I already emailed him through his site.

Buying a different rig is not an option for me. I either solve this one or I get rid of it. I look at it this way....I'd rather take basically a big down payment and get MY rig where I enjoy it again, and not have any new car payment......because that's the alternative.....sell the cruiser, buy used pickup and suck on an additional car payment. I REALLY don't want to do the latter and neither does my wife.

--JP

If JK doesn't have time, you might check out the local hot rod shops. I've heard about one in south Austin that impressed a friend of mine with their operation. If you run out of options PM me and I'll track down their information.

You might post up on craigslist too, there's a lot of weekend warriors that would probably tackle it but I would want a long list of previous customers to talk with and see their work.

I know you said it's not a project you're interested in doing yourself, but it would be fun. Plus you'd know it backward and forward if something goes haywire. I put a new(er) 350 in an already converted 1982 60 and it has saved me a mechanics visit a couple times already just being familiar with the install.

I think if I was single and didn't have an 8 month old, I'd probably be willing to at least try the conversion myself. But for the above reasons, I'm looking for a shop...Hell, if the price was right and the work was guaranteed, I'd be willing to drive it to another city in Texas........

A friend of mine recommended one of the local Jeep shops here in Austin. They done a lot of work for him. I have since decided to do the V8 swap on my 60 myself...I will ask him again for the shop's name and get back with you...

ML

I appreciate that meatloaf......Be good to check them out as far as experience with Toyotas

Be good to check them out as far as experience with Toyotas

Yes, I am not sure what their Toyota experience is. The impression I got was that they were good with engine swaps. I'll keep you posted.

ML

I noticed in the directory that Wimberley 4X4 is in your area, also Edwin Kincaid in Pflugerville.

actually, hadn't thought about Wimberly 4x4. Edwin closed up shop.

Wimberly wont do it he is a purist.... great guy but a purist .... the Jeep shop is Just Jeeps dont know that they would do it but there number is 512-459-5337 ask for Robert tell em Joel from 4 Wheel set ya and he might be nicer about the Toyota thing ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom