Chevy 350 in FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Justme, these are pics of the engine before the electric fans came out and the wires went under the engine. You can see the original electric fans and the spark wires on top. It now has a mechanical fan with the wires under the engine. The wires stay cooler that way, and the mechanical fan has made a huge difference.

That radiator is cool too. When the original plastic top died a few years ago, I put in an all metal radiator. When the plastic tops go, you have little warning. When the metal units go, you have a longer time to deal with it before it's too late. IH8plastic radiators...

It also has blue top and a red top Exides now.

I forgot to tell you that the A/C pump is in place, but it needs a line with a Chevy connection for the compressor and a Toyota connection for the firewall hookup. The system will have to be evacuated and charged after having a custom line made up, but that shouldn't be a big deal. I very rarely use A/C, so I never bothered to hook it up. I like to drive with the windows down. :D

The top pic is a fairly current pic of the SR-5. ;)
storm 002.jpg
V8J80 #2web.jpg
V8J80 004web.jpg

I am missing the 80 series part..

I am missing the 80 series part..

The 350 pics are all of the FJ80 engine bay. The SR-5 pickup is another story altogether. I just needed to post a pic up.

So how does the power of a TBI 350 feel in the LC? I have a 89 Suburban that has a Target Master 350 that is 2 yrs old and am thinking about......:idea:

It doesn't matter how it feels, it matters how it sounds.

:grinpimp:

And in Calif. it matters how it smogs.

WS - didn't you say that you're 6'5"? If s how can you stand to drive the pickup? I bought an '80 like that one for my thenwife. Whenever I had to drive it it sat me straight up with nowhere to go and every road feature was transmitted directly to my tailbone and on up to the base of my scull like a hammer blow, and I'm not 6'5".

So have you done any form of write up of this install?

Did the folks in the 80 series section chase you out because of the V8? ;)

It looks great!

2X on the rest of the drive train.