GM 1966 Chevy Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So 🤔🧐 lot's of studying
Kind of yes...Mostly no..
You know I'm a hit s*** with hammers guy so I just took my best guess, plugged it in and hit the go button.
It starts and runs but I have 45° of base timing and I'm only calling for 12° so now I guess I need to go back and watch more movies.

Kind of yes...Mostly no..
You know I'm a hit s*** with hammers guy so I just took my best guess, plugged it in and hit the go button.
It starts and runs but I have 45° of base timing and I'm only calling for 12° so now I guess I need to go back and watch more movies.
On my road race car we were very early day of stand alone user programmable EFI, I was very fortunate that one of very close friends was a “nerd” for all the programming. We had to enter entire maps by each value, that was painful!

Looking fw to seeing your Mrs in a cloud of tire smoke with this thing! 🤘🏻

I was very fortunate that one of very close friends was a “nerd”
Yeah I chased off all the eggheads when I was younger. who would have thought all that time they spent playing video games would have paid off?
I feel like @scrapdaddy is our local computer engine guy, I might need to hit him up to get some 1's and 0's help...

When in doubt BFH
Well we got close today but no cigar...
I don't know what I don't know and many of the moving parts of this conversion are completely new to me and I'm trying to follow along what what I'm reading but something is bound to slip through the cracks. I've read that you can use a magnetic pickup distributor for this conversion and I even posted a video from Holley showing the proper way to set it up, as it turns out it's less than ideal and with the mag pick up style you can not sequential fire the injectors. I've been fighting this in the setup for two days and decided to just give it a try with batch firing the injectors, it kind of works but sounds terrible and the internet says there are some workarounds but everything is a compromise. It pops through 8 and 7 like it has tight valves at idle and nothing I've tried so far changes that.
I have too many other projects that I should be working on to invest any more time on this distributor so I ordered a MSD dual sync distributor that will give me a "crank and cam" signal of sorts and I'll start over with the wiring and setup next week when the parts get here.

🧐🤔 lot to think about.
No time for thinking, I'm cutting the harness apart and adding wires....

20240219_085240.jpg

more wires for the distributor?
Yes sir, the new distributor needs a cam signal wire.
We are going to turn this old 60's V-8 into a version of your modern LS.
I hired a professional Holley tuner guy to help get this project back on track quickly, he has the knowledge I'm lacking on the computer side and I'll tidy up a few loose ends on the mechanical side and we'll give it a try again Friday'ish.

It's all back together, starts and runs.
20240221_182602.jpg

The bellows shaft coupling failed when the adhesive they use got warm, I could have taken them apart and used different glue but this is my wife's pickup and she loves giving the grandbabies rides so I bought a different style.
20240221_182625.jpg

The spring loaded dodad in the middle is the new coupler.
Tomorrow I need to sync all 8 butterflies and hopefully get this engine tuned.

Friend of mine shot a little video for me.

Cant watch it! Dont belong to insta🤔🧐🙂. Looks awesome though.
Try This..

Sorry Buddy I don't know how to post it. Insta shut down four of my attempted accounts. This on is a buddy of mines account that's trying to help me, try that link.

"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom