GM 1966 Chevy Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Jim, what do you use to test for leaks, air or fuel ?
I'm using air right now, lots of fittings to check all at once (64 connection points) and I wanted to confirm everything with air at 1.5 times the operating pressure on the bench before I install it on the engine and test again with fuel .

Time to cut this apart, wahoo!
20240202_095529.jpg

Everything on the top is a keeper, everything on the bottom won't be needed fo this project.
Now I need to start cutting to length.

20240202_165752.jpg

The Holley harness used a braided wrap but all the ends were frayed.
20240202_104502.jpg

I unwrapped everything and I'm using a hot knife to cut the ends before I reinstall it so hopefully it looks a little cleaner.

Lokar kickdown?? I will leave wiring to you 🤔🧐😉🤣
Yes'ish, nobody makes a kick down cable for an 8 satck Hilborn injection so I have a bunch of parts and some junk I made here cobbled together to make it work.
I got the rest of the fittings and think I'm happy with the water lines....

20240203_152915.jpg
20240203_152939.jpg
20240203_153442.jpg

…just got caught up on this build. DANG!....another work of art created by a master builder.

Thanks for sharing. Stuff like this inspires me to just get out in the garage and "build stuff". 👍 👍 👍

Thanks for sharing. Stuff like this inspires me to just get out in the garage and "build stuff".
Thank you Sir that means a lot, I suck at the picture taking word typing stuff and for the most part I stick to the hitting stuff with hammers in the shop things. I made this thread for our buddy BobM and it makes me happy to know that a few of my other friends from the sty are checking it out too.
A buddy came up from California and we made an adaptor for his 371 blower today but I hope to get back to something on my wife's pickup tomorrow..

Didn't get as much done today as I thought I was going to do...

My fancy heat shrink hose clamps showed up for the lower hoses on the thermostat housing so I installed them and started drinking whiskey......

20240205_191136.jpg

Thank you @gnob , I'm entering the no fun zone for a week or three rewiring the pickup and other no fun stuff like replacing the power steering, starter exhaust manifolds and ignition so not many photo opts..
Just lots of this.
20240207_091418.jpg

This is how I spent the last half of my day...

Watching movies 🐖👈
Well.....Yeah

Some nerd tech for you Mr. Bob M. I'm at the part that I need to start telling the computer what I have so I'm spending the morning printing everything to bring out to the shop and thought I'd share the injectors I used and why.
My original plan was to use the Alkydigger injector holders and try to make this a quick simple update to the Mrs. Pickup. Looking at the length of the threaded section you can see my first issue, with the spray angle (20° for mine) and some quick math you see that the fuel will hit the sides on the adaptor before it enters the port creating larger droplets so I had ordered extended tip injectors to help with this.

EIH.4.jpg

s-l1600.webp

Fast forward and the Alkydigger adaptors wouldn’t work so I moved on the plan “B” and tooled up to machine the Hilborn housings to accept the injectors, I already had the extended tip injectors and like that they extend down into the ports slightly so that’s what I used for this one. (FYI I used Chevrolet flex fuel 12613411 injectors on the other set up)

The Holly software ask for the injector by part number assuming you are using an OEM or one of their injectors but the Bosch Injector I’m using was originally for a BMW motorcycle and not on the Holley list and I’ll have to manually add the info.

Bosch EV14KT compact extended fuel injector, part number 03-21 0280158038.

43.5 PSI

31.4 lb per hour

12,00 Ohm resistance

These injectors are good for about 400 HP running at 80% duty cycle on gasoline and more than enough for anything we will be doing with Mrs. J Mack’s pickup in the future…

More movies BobM..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom