Tach wiring in 3bII (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!

I am trying to hook a factory Toyota diesel tach to a 3bII engine. This engine came off a Dyna truck and I managed to also get the instrument cluster, not the wiring though! I noticed that the tach pickup is located at the injection pump.

Looking at the tach instrument it has 3 connections: GND, PIN & IGN. Here's my theory: GND = ground, IGN must be the positive (to power the instrument) and PIN must be the signal from the sender. However, it seems there is only one wire coming off the sender, I wonder what kind of power goes through! I dont want to mess it up, has anybody here done something similar? I imagine that the 2L & 3L engines must have this same injection pump setup.

Any help is much welcome!

regards

Hello!

I am trying to hook a factory Toyota diesel tach to a 3bII engine. This engine came off a Dyna truck and I managed to also get the instrument cluster, not the wiring though! I noticed that the tach pickup is located at the injection pump.

Looking at the tach instrument it has 3 connections: GND, PIN & IGN. Here's my theory: GND = ground, IGN must be the positive (to power the instrument) and PIN must be the signal from the sender. However, it seems there is only one wire coming off the sender, I wonder what kind of power goes through! I dont want to mess it up, has anybody here done something similar? I imagine that the 2L & 3L engines must have this same injection pump setup.

Any help is much welcome!

regards

i'll be facing the same question in the near future. can you get a bellhousing magnetic pick-up sensor like the older 3B's? i'll have to take a closer look on my 3BII's for the injection sensor!! you've raised my curiosity on the subject, thanks!
hth,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom