Tach wiring in 3bII

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by bj40man, Feb 27, 2007.

1. bj40man

bj40man

Hello!

I am trying to hook a factory Toyota diesel tach to a 3bII engine. This engine came off a Dyna truck and I managed to also get the instrument cluster, not the wiring though! I noticed that the tach pickup is located at the injection pump.

Looking at the tach instrument it has 3 connections: GND, PIN & IGN. Here's my theory: GND = ground, IGN must be the positive (to power the instrument) and PIN must be the signal from the sender. However, it seems there is only one wire coming off the sender, I wonder what kind of power goes through! I dont want to mess it up, has anybody here done something similar? I imagine that the 2L & 3L engines must have this same injection pump setup.

Any help is much welcome!

regards

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

i'll be facing the same question in the near future. can you get a bellhousing magnetic pick-up sensor like the older 3B's? i'll have to take a closer look on my 3BII's for the injection sensor!! you've raised my curiosity on the subject, thanks!
    hth,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.