Help with vacuum leaks!!!!! + 350 question!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nat

Threads
So my new TBI is put together wired and runs, but I am sure I have a vacuum leak somewhere. I was meticulous installing the adapter plate and TBI unit, plus I have hardly anything hooked to vacuum sources and it is all new hose. Anyone have some good tips on finding what leaks??

On a 330hp chevy 350................how many bolts hold down the intake manifold? I only see 8.

Last edited:
spraying brakleen or something similar around connections will usually find them.. if the engine revs up (rpms raise) you've got a leak where you sprayed

what makes you so sure its a vacuum leak?

intake manifold bolts? if your talking about the actual intake to the heads there is def more then 4 (maybe 4 on each side or 8 total)

I miss typed.............I meant 8. There are 4 to a side that I can see. I have Vortec heads.

I am worried because the bolts seemed loose, I want to re-torque it, but don't want to miss something.

spraying brakleen or something similar around connections will usually find them.. if the engine revs up (rpms raise) you've got a leak where you sprayed

what makes you so sure its a vacuum leak?

intake manifold bolts? if your talking about the actual intake to the heads there is def more then 4 (maybe 4 on each side or 8 total)

With the key on, I jumpered the A&B terminals on the ALDL and then disconected the IAC plug. I fired up the rig and there was no change in the idle speed. It should have been lower.

The other thing, is I set the base timing to 0 degrees (with the timing wire disconected) and the motor stumbles when given gas.

I could adjust the throttle plates and timing, but I want to rule out vacuum leaks first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom