What interior colors were available for the 60-62 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I would like to know what interior/exterior color combinations there were on the 60 and 62 series.

If you could post a pic of the outside and one of the inside this would help me out alot.

Reason being is that I have a leather kit available and would like to match it to the seat side/back vynal.

Were there 2, 3, or 4 available colors?

Also I would like to get a full carpet piece for the cargo area as well. Is this one piece from the middle seat back and along the floor?

Here is the link to the leather kit.

Thanks in advance!

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=106075

Lots of good info here:
http://www.tlc4x4.com/fj60.htm
and for the 62 here:
http://www.tlc4x4.com/fj62.htm

Interior colors were limited to Grey and Tan, but not all interiors were available with all exterior colors. Tan was available in 60s up to 87, but not afterwards. Grey was the only interior for 62s white exterior. Few more but can't think of all of them.
Gary

Every year of the 60 Series there were, as it's been said, two color options, grey and brown. What changed was the shade of gray and the shade of brown between the 60 and the 62, the latter being a bit darker. JDM had black interior in 1981-82, but it's ultra rare.

AATLAS1X said:
But I have seen Blue interior on a 60..............

If it was the factory colour, it could have just looked blue. They grey seems to have some blue in it....

fj 62 interior

my son just sold a 1988 fj62. exterior color was charcoal grey. interior color was tan/brown. it had manual windows and locks.
1988 fj62 007.jpg

tan interior

pic of 88 fj62 above.
1988 fj62 008.jpg

stinkyfj60 said:
If it was the factory colour, it could have just looked blue. They grey seems to have some blue in it....

Yeah. I think grey = blue. mine is definitely bluegrey.... or greyblue.... depending on how you see the glass.

nmbuckaroo said:
my son just sold a 1988 fj62. exterior color was charcoal grey. interior color was tan/brown. it had manual windows and locks.

I dont know about your specific 62 but I have seen several grey 60's and 62 that have had color changes to grey. That would explain the tan dash and interior.

nmbuckaroo said:
pic of 88 fj62 above.
So this one pictured above. Would a leather interior that matched the seat vynal sides look better that a match to the lighter inserts?

What interior came w/ what exterior?

What interior colors came with what exterior colors on FJ60?

Were there interior color options, or was the interior predicated by the exterior paint?

My personal experience is that tan, white, brown exterior has brown interior.
Blue and silver has gray interior.

What interior came with red paint?

There is a reason for this question, involving helping one cruiserhead buy a interior part for another cruiserhead as a surprise. We know exterior, but aren't sure of interior color.

Thanks for any assistance.

no option, exterior came with a fixed interior color

this is 1982 40/60 color options with interoir
27210477.jpg

I am sure I have most the all the years color/trim options someplace

What interior colors came with what exterior colors on FJ60?

Were there interior color options, or was the interior predicated by the exterior paint?

My personal experience is that tan, white, brown exterior has brown interior.
Blue and silver has gray interior.

What interior came with red paint?

There is a reason for this question, involving helping one cruiserhead buy a interior part for another cruiserhead as a surprise. We know exterior, but aren't sure of interior color.

Thanks for any assistance.

Funny... I've been thinking of doing the same thing. My 60's seats are not stock and I was thinking of finding a nice set of buckets for it then getting the entire interior, doorpanels and rear 1/4's done in some nice greay leather.

If you're only doing the front seats I would do them in the lighter color. But if you're considering a complete leather kit the poop color would look tight throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom