Ineos Grenadier (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ineos who?

2024 Rubicon X. 35” tires. Beadlocks. 4:1 TC with Crawl of 100:1. Full-time 4wd. Full floating Dana44 rear. Class leading articulation. Superior approach/departure angles. 34 inch water fording, Powerbox generator. Bumper with winch straight from factory (crash tested). 5000 lbs towing capacity. Big screen infotainment. Side curtain airbags. Quieter.

Aftermarket support second to no one. And before anyone assumes wrongly, Wranglers' resale value is very very good. I would bet that Rubicon X holds better resale value than Grenadier.

Last edited:
Well, there is that. And I admit to three cruisers that have all been dead reliable. I still find the Grenadier an appealing opportunity to take a journey where the end point is buried in a fog bank. New starts don't come along very often. Bloc---I do appreciate your contributions to the forum. I always take your posts quite seriously.

Well, there is that. And I admit to three cruisers that have all been dead reliable. I still find the Grenadier an appealing opportunity to take a journey where the end point is buried in a fog bank. New starts don't come along very often. Bloc---I do appreciate your contributions to the forum. I always take your posts quite seriously.
I appreciate that, though I do joke around quite a bit.

Tbh if I had a ridiculous amount of money a new defender would likely be in the stable among the other dozens of vehicles. They look amazing and off-road quite well. But when having to decide which one or two vehicles will be in the driveway, dependability ranks much higher on that list. And really, in that ridiculous money scenario, most of the long distance vehicle travel would probably still be in a cruiser. I don’t blame you for the interest here though.. they are doing a lot right.

Funny, on my way to work this morning a White Defender was on a flatbed next to me. I thought to myself "in it's natural environment"
Kindof a different continent to our forests of fuel pumps

Ineos who?

2024 Rubicon X. 35” tires. Beadlocks. 4:1 TC with Crawl of 100:1. Full-time 4wd. Full floating Dana44 rear. Class leading articulation. Superior approach/departure angles. 34 inch water fording, Powerbox generator. Bumper with winch straight from factory (crash tested). 5000 lbs towing capacity. Big screen infotainment. Side curtain airbags. Quieter.

Aftermarket support second to no one. And before anyone assumes wrongly, Wranglers' resale value is very very good. I would bet that Rubicon X holds better resale value than Grenadier.
Awful v6 engine that's all plastic. 280 measly HP. Whats payload on it?

That isn’t a v6, and a 200-series 5.7 has almost as much plastic.

That isn’t a v6, and a 200-series 5.7 has almost as much plastic.

Our thermostat housings, oil cooler housing, pulleys, hoses, fuel rails, valve covers, and fuel hoses are not plastic.

Rubicon X can come with the v6 or the hybrid turbo 4. can't wait to see them do some deep water crossings

Here is the build to 1000hp. Kinda cool to see what parts they reused. Looks like a stout motor.

If only they'd keep all of the above...and go back to the ironclad 4.0L.

Fiat drivetrains make them non starters for me.

I'm no BMW fan so I have my doubts about the power plant but I am open to everything about it short of the front end. I think they missed the mark with that grille.

1200-ish on 2022 model. I don’t know about the new 2024 model.

From googling:

“The 3.6 L FCA Pentastar V6 Engine is an overwhelmingly durable and reliable engine. That's why it's been used in in more than ten million Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles since 2010. With proper maintenance the 3.6L Pentastar engine can provide years of reliable service.”

“With proper maintenance the 3.6L will EASILY achieve 200 - 300,000 miles with no major repairs.”

I have no idea how true are these quotes i found when i googled the engine. But hey if folks here can quote about the BMW ENGINE, then i can too! 😊
Our thermostat housings, oil cooler housing, pulleys, hoses, fuel rails, valve covers, and fuel hoses are not plastic.

Rubicon X can come with the v6 or the hybrid turbo 4. can't wait to see them do some deep water crossings
34” water fording capability. Even the powered seats are water proof.

If only they'd keep all of the above...and go back to the ironclad 4.0L.

Fiat drivetrains make them non starters for me.
As someone who works in the automotive industry and sees how often the v6 pentastars fail, I agree with you. The local dodge dealership had to purchase an extra plot of land for the dead ram pro masters that the Amazon warehouse uses due to engine failure.

1200-ish on 2022 model. I don’t know about the new 2024 model.

From googling:

“The 3.6 L FCA Pentastar V6 Engine is an overwhelmingly durable and reliable engine. That's why it's been used in in more than ten million Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles since 2010. With proper maintenance the 3.6L Pentastar engine can provide years of reliable service.”

“With proper maintenance the 3.6L will EASILY achieve 200 - 300,000 miles with no major repairs.”

I have no idea how true are these quotes i found when i googled the engine. But hey if folks here can quote about the BMW ENGINE, then i can too! 😊

34” water fording capability. Even the powered seats are water proof.
Seems like a fun trail toy but nothing for serious expeditions

I've had a few with the 3.6L. The first one was in a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited, the first year for that motor. The heads were being improperly machined in Mexico and within the first eight months of ownership it had the heads replaced twice and ultimately the entire engine replaced. Needless to say, I had the Lemon Law enacted and they bought it back. It's replacement ran fine for the few years we had it. My fathers current 2021 Gladiator Rubicon has 16K miles on the clock and has been trouble free while his good buddy has a 2020 Rubicon Unlimited and it had the engine replaced under warranty at 20K miles, he still has it. So all in all not a great track record for ourselves and those we know around us, but oddly enough, overall they do quite well.

I've had a few with the 3.6L. The first one was in a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited, the first year for that motor. The heads were being improperly machined in Mexico and within the first eight months of ownership it had the heads replaced twice and ultimately the entire engine replaced. Needless to say, I had the Lemon Law enacted and they bought it back. It's replacement ran fine for the few years we had it. My fathers current 2021 Gladiator Rubicon has 16K miles on the clock and has been trouble free while his good buddy has a 2020 Rubicon Unlimited and it had the engine replaced under warranty at 20K miles, he still has it. So all in all not a great track record for ourselves and those we know around us, but oddly enough, overall they do quite well.
My buddy had the exact same experience. He has a Bronco now. This was a couple of years ago, but a study showed Jeep quality had been on a continuous downward trend and sales were continuing to rise year after year. Basically Jeep will increase sales even with poor quality.

The Wrangler/Rubicon has a true niche in the market and tons of aftermarket support. Ford is trying to tap back into the segment with the Bronco.

It's just so weird from a Toyota perspective to see someone complimenting how well their engine is doing when it's under 100k on the odometer

It just proves that you can find just about anything on the internet to say what you want. (Note: i have no clue how good or bad Jeep 3.6 is.)

Per this video, Yugo engine is responsive, easy to maintain, good mileage, reliable, no expensive computer chip, and even has a remote hood release!

It's just so weird from a Toyota perspective to see someone complimenting how well their engine is doing when it's under 100k on the odometer
My 2008 Sienna engine failed at 90k miles…needing replacement. My Honda needed new wheelbearings at 5k miles. My LC had failed infotainment system at 30k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom