Just drove an LX600 F-sport (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just drove an F-sport, 2nd one delivered to my local dealer in the southeast (Memphis). They kept it for about four days to let those of us on the wait list take it for a spin.

I've driven just about everything (fiats to dump trucks, and everything in between), and really enjoyed the LX600.
Nice improvements over the 570:
-engine and transmission are just lovely. Excellent acceleration when needed, always in the right gear, intuitive throttle, very nice overall engine performance.
-interior is less busy. Really like the simpler look. High quality touch materials everywhere. Seats are super comfortable (sat in all but the 3rd row), driving position is commanding.
-if it were possible, it is significantly more quiet than the lx570. Wind noise is less, engine is pleasantly present when accelerating but gone when not. Even at 70+mph, it's still quiet enough to hear a whisper from the second row.

Handling: less lumbering than the 200 series, still a little jittery, or "flighty" on corners with bumps. Has a hint of truckiness, but generally so smooth it didn't bother. I think other's YouTube complaints about the ride should buy the X7 or a sports car. This thing is the perfect combination of off road ability and on-road luxury.
-the ahc was nice, surprised at how fast it adjusted.
-The different drive modes are less about ride and more about how the engine and transmission maps to the throttle.

I'm around number #20 after a $1000 deposit. If the initial roll outs don't have the washgate tundra issue, I'll be eager to get my hands on one.

I'm around number #20 after a $1000 deposit. If the initial roll outs don't have the washgate tundra issue, I'll be eager to get my hands on one.

Was not aware of the wastegate issue, but as far as I am concerned it is a lemon if it happens to anyone's Tundra. One write up mentioned having to separate the cab from the bed. No vehicle is ever "right" after that much disassembly. There is no one who will take to time to get every nut and bolt back in place much less all of the other stuff that cushioning, rubber pieces, etc. The truck to me is worthless at that point. I'm still stirred up over the seat belt and fuel pump recalls. It's crap when you cannot get a vehicle perfect when nothing has changed for 10+ years other than cosmetics (more or less). Like most things the 1st attempt at new is rarely without issue and in the Tundra's case a significant issue. Were I in the market for one I'd either wait until next year at which time the fix will be resolved on the assembly line.

Did you drive it in H1 or H2 position?

I have heard with AHC you can drive in high modes....
Did not drive in the h1 or h2 position. Read a press release that discussed the automatic H1 and H2 as you shift into 4L.
Was not aware of the wastegate issue, but as far as I am concerned it is a lemon if it happens to anyone's Tundra. One write up mentioned having to separate the cab from the bed. No vehicle is ever "right" after that much disassembly. There is no one who will take to time to get every nut and bolt back in place much less all of the other stuff that cushioning, rubber pieces, etc. The truck to me is worthless at that point. I'm still stirred up over the seat belt and fuel pump recalls. It's crap when you cannot get a vehicle perfect when nothing has changed for 10+ years other than cosmetics (more or less). Like most things the 1st attempt at new is rarely without issue and in the Tundra's case a significant issue. Were I in the market for one I'd either wait until next year at which time the fix will be resolved on the assembly line.

And yes, hoping to be far enough down the line to hear of any issues prior to purchase.

Over 45mph is drops from H2 to H1 then at 65 H1 to N.

As you slow down it goes back up the H positions.

Seems to be more robust.
Do you know what the height difference is between N, H1, and H2?

That is awesome

Great part you will have many suspension options if and when you want to lift it.

I am waiting on that same setup for a build for Lexus Corp. We have been waiting for 3 months now it has supposed to be coming in.

Just drove an F-sport, 2nd one delivered to my local dealer in the southeast (Memphis). They kept it for about four days to let those of us on the wait list take it for a spin.

I've driven just about everything (fiats to dump trucks, and everything in between), and really enjoyed the LX600.
Nice improvements over the 570:
-engine and transmission are just lovely. Excellent acceleration when needed, always in the right gear, intuitive throttle, very nice overall engine performance.
-interior is less busy. Really like the simpler look. High quality touch materials everywhere. Seats are super comfortable (sat in all but the 3rd row), driving position is commanding.
-if it were possible, it is significantly more quiet than the lx570. Wind noise is less, engine is pleasantly present when accelerating but gone when not. Even at 70+mph, it's still quiet enough to hear a whisper from the second row.

Handling: less lumbering than the 200 series, still a little jittery, or "flighty" on corners with bumps. Has a hint of truckiness, but generally so smooth it didn't bother. I think other's YouTube complaints about the ride should buy the X7 or a sports car. This thing is the perfect combination of off road ability and on-road luxury.
-the ahc was nice, surprised at how fast it adjusted.
-The different drive modes are less about ride and more about how the engine and transmission maps to the throttle.

Did the F-Sport seem too "pimped out" to you. Looking at the photos it might be too much pimping and I'm not fond of the lower profile tires. The only thing pushing me towards it is that it is available in a pure white versus the Eminent White Pearl. The basic model suits me more, but no heated wheel or cooled seats is tough to get buy compared to my 2018. It's too bad the last of the LC's was not the baseline for the lowest LX's especially considering there was already a decent price difference between the two.

Did the F-Sport seem too "pimped out" to you. Looking at the photos it might be too much pimping and I'm not fond of the lower profile tires. The only thing pushing me towards it is that it is available in a pure white versus the Eminent White Pearl. The basic model suits me more, but no heated wheel or cooled seats is tough to get buy compared to my 2018. It's too bad the last of the LC's was not the baseline for the lowest LX's especially considering there was already a decent price difference between the two.
Didn't feel too overdone. I like the look (see photo of my current Tacoma below). I'm buying to drive daily while I use my taco for off roading and overlanding. But in 5-10 years, I'm hoping to build the lx600 into another rig, and not having to mess with the ahc or limited slip diff steers me away from the f sport.
559EE60F-A386-4BCC-BE69-A1FE12FDCF3A.jpeg

Didn't feel too overdone. I like the look (see photo of my current Tacoma below). I'm buying to drive daily while I use my taco for off roading and overlanding. But in 5-10 years, I'm hoping to build the lx600 into another rig, and not having to mess with the ahc or limited slip diff steers me away from the f sport.
View attachment 2961436
The truck looks great to me because the extra's are not bling:). Still a little worried the F-Sport might be too blingy. I'll know better when my dealer gets one for me to look at. The first one they received was the LX Premium which I liked and thought drove very well. Thanks for your input.

Just had a base model become available after those in front of me declined due to no adjustable suspension, no heated steering wheel, and no cooled seats.

Going to test drive this weekend, good chance I'll purchase what appears to be the USA Landcruiser.
No heated steering wheel and no cooling seats is unacceptable for a car in this price range. I had a last minute rental a few weeks ago and Avis was wiped out except for compact cars. I don't recall the model, but it had a heated steering wheel and seats and it was a piece of crap.

No heated steering wheel and no cooling seats is unacceptable for a car in this price range. I had a last minute rental a few weeks ago and Avis was wiped out except for compact cars. I don't recall the model, but it had a heated steering wheel and seats and it was a piece of crap.
I hear you. Pondered waiting for a premium, but my goal for this vehicle is eventual overlanding, so less stuff to break is fine for me. And, it's basically an extra $10-15k for a heated steering wheel, cooled seats, and two vestigial third row seats. Happy to get out for ~$89k.

I hear you. Pondered waiting for a premium, but my goal for this vehicle is eventual overlanding, so less stuff to break is fine for me. And, it's basically an extra $10-15k for a heated steering wheel, cooled seats, and two vestigial third row seats. Happy to get out for ~$89k.
I’m with you. I’m no kids and no pets so the third row to me is worthless. In my other LC they came out as soon as I got it home. Not being able to do that on my 2018 always bothered me. You have talked me out of the premium.

Is the cargo are deeper since there is not a third row taking up a few inches of depth?

I’m with you. I’m no kids and no pets so the third row to me is worthless. In my other LC they came out as soon as I got it home. Not being able to do that on my 2018 always bothered me. You have talked me out of the premium.

Is the cargo are deeper since there is not a third row taking up a few inches of depth?
Barely. The rear seats in the f-sport I drove were disappointing, but took up almost no room. The fold sideways versions from the previous model were at least comfy. The new ones looked like someone went to ikea and searched for "chairs for Halloween skeletons"

That being said, I like the current set up. Wide open rear space, plenty of room for luggage, fridge/cooking drawer, etc.

Barely. The rear seats in the f-sport I drove were disappointing, but took up almost no room. The fold sideways versions from the previous model were at least comfy. The new ones looked like someone went to ikea and searched for "chairs for Halloween skeletons"

That being said, I like the current set up. Wide open rear space, plenty of room for luggage, fridge/cooking drawer, etc.
Is the back at least flat now when the rear seats are out of the way or is there a drop-off from cargo area to rear seat level (when out of the way)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom