ASFIR Skid plates and front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

May be a silly question but does it matter what brand diff drop you are running? They all drop the same amount ...

Or did Asfir modify the mounting locations in later batches? ...

Or are you just that good 😎
I'm not sure what it is, but they fit a little bit different for each diff drop manufacturer. Could be just how the maker of the diff drop places the bolt holes on the bottom.

I'm running the TT diff drop and needed spacers to make the front skid plate fit.

Last edited:
I'm running the TT diff drop and needed spacers to make the front skid plate fit.
I got excited for second as I’m running the TT diff drop as well .... then you had to go ahead squash that!

Oh well what’s another piece of metal bolted on to this thing gonna do?

I do about the same - split a water bottle and take off the bottom and neck. Perfect little disposable trough ~ was doing this before having this skid in place.

These skid plates are just right for me so far:
Lightweight
Aluminum w galvanized brackets
Value, less than $900 for all three -delivered-
Delivered inside two weeks -from Israel-
Great coverage for the front half, IMO
Great customer service / communication
Held my truck up on some beach ball-sized rocks no problem (where there were skids)

Have every intention of buying a gas tank skid from them, and a couple other items suggested, as soon as they offer them.

Granted I am in the NE and my truck is a DD first and foremost.

Any complaints since posting this? I'm also in MA and won't be crawling with this 100 like my FJC (famous last words...). Still not sure if I want these since the 100 is my DD, or just go full steel instead.

Any complaints since posting this? I'm also in MA and won't be crawling with this 100 like my FJC (famous last words...). Still not sure if I want these since the 100 is my DD, or just go full steel instead.
Weight savings alone can't be beat. Shipping and Handling from Israel is cheap too. Adds a Really Clean look down under.

IMG_3360.jpg

i need to source a longer bolt...the last bolt wont latch because the plate is "warped"

yes ive tried loosening everything first

I'm going to be doing the transfer and gear skids soon, which Fumoto valve should I use for the pan?

Did Asfir's shipping price go way up recently?
For the LX470 is the F103N

Yes they did.

F103N.JPG

Where is the groups opinion on ASFIR after having them and using them some?

I need to get a new set with my fiberglass being broken. I don't wheel enough to justify the Slee and Dissent prices but don't want something I'm going to regret.

I need to get a new set with my fiberglass being broken. I don't wheel enough to justify the Slee and Dissent prices but don't want something I'm going to regret.
I love my asfir skid. Sturdy

So far so good, I have bashed mine on a couple rocks and it seems to be holding up pretty well. Just some scrapes.

@LXPlore @phatdragon Do you have the ones specifically cut for 100 series in states? Any issues mounting? Is the overlap an issue? Are you able to swap fluids without much issue?

Thanks!

@LXPlore @phatdragon Do you have the ones specifically cut for 100 series in states? Any issues mounting? Is the overlap an issue? Are you able to swap fluids without much issue?

Thanks!
As of right now I only have the forward most plate. It is the US spec one (petrol), and I had to source a longer center bolt. No issue with fluid changes I have found, but that may change with the 2 intermediate plates being installed.

As of right now I only have the forward most plate. It is the US spec one (petrol), and I had to source a longer center bolt. No issue with fluid changes I have found, but that may change with the 2 intermediate plates being installed.

Last edited:
Anyone happen know the weight of the entire Asfir skid set? Wondering how much more than the factory “skid” setup it weighs.
(Factory steel front plate and plastic thingmo are ~22 lbs)

Thanks, @ClassyJalopy ! I phrased my question poorly—wasn’t thinking they’d weigh same or less—just trying to get a handle on how much weight they’d add.
Family of five—probably pushing gvwr when glamping.....
By way of comparison, full Dissent aluminum skid set (other lead contender, and, yes roughly twice the cost...) weighs 80#.

Last edited:
Same here...awesome fit and finish. My center bolt was a challenge but it went in after finding a third hand/prop to help hold the plate in place.

Thanks, @ClassyJalopy ! I phrased my question poorly—wasn’t thinking they’d weigh same or less—just trying to get a handle on how much weight they’d add.
Family of five—probably pushing gvwr when glamping.....
By way of comparison, full Dissent aluminum skid set (other lead contender, and, yes roughly twice the cost...) weighs 80#.
Hey there, -
Front skid-plate (558055) - 22 lbs
Gear skid-plate (558063) - 40 lbs
Transfer skid-plate (558067) - 22 lbs
and in total - 84 lbs

Hopes this helps :) lmk if there's anything else we can help with.
Best,
Reut @ ASFIR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom