My 78 Series Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, new to the group.

This is my 78 Series Troopy I have been slowly building away, keen to see some of your builds.

A997F0C5-D98A-4444-9CDB-303670436869.JPG

IMG_2627.JPG

Great Troopy.

Have you been through any water lately? Could be water in the diff caused that sludge, I had that a fair few times. How was the front diff?

Last edited:
This is a walk through of my Troopy I made, I had plans to hit the road travelling around Australia but due to this virus eve
Have you been through any water lately?

Hi mate, no it hasn’t been, with all the fires over at Xmas and not the virus it had t even been off-road much.

I also have diff breathers etc

Last edited:
Nice troopy. I've got a VDJ79 single cab, I like your wheels what brand are they? We are quite limited here in Scotland for wheels with the 5x150 hole spacing.

Did the diff bearings get changed when the locker was installed? The metal filings could just be new bearings etc bedding in.

Nice troopy. I've got a VDJ79 single cab, I like your wheels what brand are they? We are quite limited here in Scotland for wheels with the 5x150 hole spacing.

Did the diff bearings get changed when the locker was installed? The metal filings could just be new bearings etc bedding in.

Hey mate, they are Dynamic -30 Sunraysia's

Ya, new gears, bearings etc.

Old mate at the garage reckoned thats what it was...........The garage changed the oil after 500km's and there was a bit in there, I changed it now myself after 5000km's, I was maybe expecting a bit but definitely not this much.

But I'm not stressing too much yet, I'll drop it again in another 1000km's.

I didn't even know you could get the 79 back over there, my mate has a 79 dual cab and that V8 sounds so good.

Thanks, I'll have a look at the link for the wheels.

My 79 is an import from Oz, they aren't available officially here unfortunately.

Hopefully you have seen the last of the bits in your oil.

I bought the same :) I think I follow you on Instagram small world waiting for my shipment now! Those are very nice!
Small world indeed mate.. Canada is awesome btw.

These are awesome, a lot of the things I've done to the truck is a little unnecessary but I'm truely impressed with these. One of those mods I should of done a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom