78 series death wobble (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check wheel bearings, knuckle bearings etc.

I have been down this road over a 3 year period with my 80 series. After checking all of the items previously stated and spending a couple of $1000 USD, I put on my old street tires and magic happened. The death wobble went away. It seems as though my 35’s were the cause.

Also, defective tires will cause a death wobble. My wife had the same troubles with her 3/4 ton Ram a couple months after installing new Cooper tires. Tried all the same steps as you and ended up getting another brand of tires. Problem solved.

I have seen a simple tire pressure adjustment fix it as well.

Cheers

I have been down this road over a 3 year period with my 80 series. After checking all of the items previously stated and spending a couple of $1000 USD, I put on my old street tires and magic happened. The death wobble went away. It seems as though my 35’s were the cause.
I've had a couple tire sets that just could not be balanced. I could picture the shudder that creates starting a downward spiral if it hit the right harmonic frequency and there were other small problems somewhere in the suspension that prevented the runaway wobble from being dampened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom