Extended Warranty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As some are familiar with my other thread, I’ll be purchasing a 2016 LC with about 50,000 miles on it in 4 days. It is being sold by a NON-Toyota dealer. It’s factory has run out at 3/36K and currently will only come with 5 months (5000 miles) power terrain.

The vehicle has clean carfax. What are your recommendations for getting extended warranty (which provider should we go with)? I do realise and have heard that it is a reliable vehicle but i am one of those people that would rather have a peace of mind for the extra cost.

Toyota dealers quoted us around $2.5-3K for 4/48K. Provider is Fidelity and they say it “mirrors” the original Toyota warranty. The dealer which is selling the vehicle also offers their own extended for similar cost which they say also is applicable nationwide.

What are your recommendations for the recommended company for those who have gone through this before? Many thanks.

As an added note, I did forget to mention in post above that I do plan on replacing the wheels on it and going the R18 or even the R20 route, along with bumper lip (for which the sensors would have to be removed and reinserted through the lip (without messing with or extending any sensor wiring). Would these be of any issues with the extended warranty that we purchase and void the entire warranty?

Anybody...with prior experience?

Much appreciate it

What @CharlieS said.

And, don't for a second believe what the warranty salespersons tell you about coverage. Read it yourself and ask questions before signing.

Keep in mind the LC comes with an OEM 5 year, 60K miles powertrain warranty, in addition to the 3/36 bumper to bumper. So the one you are purchasing has some major coverage on the powertrain for about 10K miles.

What @CharlieS said.

And, don't for a second believe what the warranty salespersons tell you about coverage. Read it yourself and ask questions before signing.

Keep in mind the LC comes with an OEM 5 year, 60K miles powertrain warranty, in addition to the 3/36 bumper to bumper. So the one you are purchasing has some major coverage on the powertrain for about 10K miles.
The power terrain is actually also expired along with the basic. I did not realise until I read your post but the vehicle has a little over 60K miles (i put 50K - typo which i will correct). The dealer will offer about 5 months / 5K power terrain on it. The rest i’ll to purchase separately on my own

check the VIN on the Toyota owner's site. Create a login, add the VIN to your garage and see if there was any work done to it at a dealer. CarFax misses a lot of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom