Leaving tires aired down for extended period (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
I currently have my 200 parked in my garage as I start the process of transfer mods over to a new 200. Withe the weight of accessories already removed, I’ve had to air down to 10 psi to fit the 200 in the garage as the rear is now too tall.

Wondering if keeping the tires at 10 psi with rig parked for extended periods will hurt the tires. Should I air up once in the garage. I only need the clearance at the door.

Depends on the period of time. After a few years they could develop flat spots and have a bit of internal "destruction".

You‘re going to have a real bumpy ride for a little bit due to flat spots.

This is only going to be a month and half or so. Airing up is easy but to do any work I have to back it out if the garage and doing that every few days will be a pain and I’m also afraid I’ll forget. I think I’ll just jack up the rear and put the axle on stands. That’s faster than airing up and down.

Stands are the best. Other option, mark the current wheel position. Then once every few days drive it out and back in making sure the flat is on a different spot.

Jack stands 100%. I would be very fearful of forgetting to air back down before I tried to pull the truck back out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom