Are engine mounts considered part of the Powertrain under the powertrain Warranty (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
My first post so hello!

I live in Dubai and have a 2018 cruiser 200 (3UR-FE, 70,000km only) and a 2015 200 (1GR-FE @99,000km).
The warranty ran out in March of this year for the 2018 it was the original standard three years and then I paid for the extended warranty of 2 years. I believe this is called the Powertrain warranty ffter the initial three years. a warranty claim was applied for the engine/motor mounts and ATM mount in January 23 but was denied by the warranty department stating that they weren't covered under the extended warranty (They have failed completely, not degraded/cracked/persihed rubber). This wasn't communicated to me at the time. So fast forward 5 months to the next service (and first out of warranty, and a huge bill comes in for many items that should have been noteiced and covered under warranty but have magically been missed and are now an issue.
Currently in discussions with the main dealer here and for those in the know, I would appreciate your help on the following:

1. are engine/motor mounts considered part of the powertrain under the powertrain warranty program?
2. Whether they are or not, are warranties for the 200 globally aligned or can/do local dealers deem what should be covered and what should not be to suit their region. ie it seems that engine mounts are covered in the US and Aus under the extended program but for some reason, the claim was not approved.

I can see in numerous documents online that under engine components, the mounts are in the parts diagrams and under the powertrain warranty scope as to what is covered and what is excluded, they are covered. Appreciate your input and wealth of knowledge, especially from those that have first hand knowledge/documentation to support the claim.

Thanks for your time!

LC Xtreme.jpg

Is your extended warranty the Toyota Platinum VSA, or 3rd party?

Is your extended warranty the Toyota Platinum VSA, or 3rd party?
Hi Linuxgod. It's a Toyota main dealer extended warranty but it isn't called a platinum warranty. I believe that may not be a thing in the middle east. the closest thing I can see is the Powertrain warranty program which effectively covers the 4th and 5th year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom