What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (102 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That makes me want to add the filters to mine.
I did that mod a while back, just order the new cover from Lexus and swap out the original. Super easy.

Did those a few months ago, do yourself a favor and get a cheap air chisel, makes it super fast. Cheers!
Thanks man really considering a new air compressor now.

Cleaned the windshield a little bit from bird poo and took a quick photo of drl, again lol
F9FFBD42-3C91-43D9-9385-9487DF46EECA.jpeg

Installed

OME 2860 Rear Coil Springs
OME Torsion Bar
SLEE Diff Drop
SLEE Steel Belly Skid Plate
SLEE Aluminum Intermediate Guard
SLEE Aluminum Front Skid Plate
Front & Rear Bilstein 5100's
WhiteKnuckle Sliders

Extended Brake Hoses
Bleed and Replace Brake Fluid
New Front and Rear Gear Oil
Axle Seals
Repack Front Wheel Bearings
Extended Front and Rear Breather Hoses
Repack front wheel bearings and replace axle seals

Im off to Silverton and Moab!

and my favorite mod of all... A new YotaMD Titanium Key to replace 10 yrs of broken Toyota broken keys in a tupperware box - @suprarx7nut - Thank You!

IMG_1547.jpeg

61500154189__11DB4E48-8FC4-45D8-8A07-3C31EFD351A7.jpeg

61500121034__F70EF1DA-A12E-4C16-AEA7-B1ECA9B3B8A1.jpeg

Installed

OME 2860 Rear Coil Springs
OME Torsion Bar
SLEE Diff Drop
SLEE Steel Belly Skid Plate
SLEE Aluminum Intermediate Guard
SLEE Aluminum Front Skid Plate
Front & Rear Bilstein 5100's
WhiteKnuckle Sliders

Extended Brake Hoses
Bleed and Replace Brake Fluid
New Front and Rear Gear Oil
Axle Seals
Repack Front Wheel Bearings
Extended Front and Rear Breather Hoses
Repack front wheel bearings and replace axle seals

Im off to Silverton and Moab!

and my favorite mod of all... A new YotaMD Titanium Key to replace 10 yrs of broken Toyota broken keys in a tupperware box - @suprarx7nut - Thank You!

View attachment 2362458

View attachment 2362463

View attachment 2362464
That’s a pretty epic weekend there!

Installed the Ironman Nitro kit this weekend (among a couple other major distraction). Phase 2 is in a couple of weeks, which will include diff drop, removal of AHC components, and reassembly of my interior. Definitely a different ride. Kinda sorry to see AHC gone, but glad she’s not going to be spontaneously raising and lowering herself at intersections anymore.

Installed the Ironman Nitro kit this weekend (among a couple other major distraction). Phase 2 is in a couple of weeks, which will include diff drop, removal of AHC components, and reassembly of my interior. Definitely a different ride. Kinda sorry to see AHC gone, but glad she’s not going to be spontaneously raising and lowering herself at intersections anymore.
I gutted all my ahc last weekend. It was a long miserable day, but well worth it.

I think I figured out the source of the pleasant "earthy" odor from my air vents :) Went ahead and cleaned the MAF sensor and Throttle Body (gunked up pretty good) as well.

View attachment 2357295
That makes me want to add the filters to mine.
Thanks @J1000 - I've always had great success w/ the OEM Toyota/Lexus ones, but recently bought a pair of Denso filters.

Not the same quality, but these with charcoal, I'll give a try. Thanks for posting.
I rarely even use those types of filters in my cruisers cabin. I have a ton of those 3M house air return filters, so I cut out the same shape as what's needed and install it. It's very easy since the pleating allows those filters to collapse like an accordion. You just collapse it, insert it in the air box, then let it expand. You might have to use a tool covered in electrical tape (ie. long flat head) to get the filter to all the corners. Use a filter that's between MERV 9-12; I use 12 since that's what I have throughout my house.

Yes it can get pricey because you're cutting up a very expensive filter, but it does perform noticeably better in all aspects. Flow from the vents is barely reduced if you could even call it that, and you can get probably 4-6 car filters out of 1 house filter. Just some food for thought!

Finally mustered enough courage to try to bleed the AHC system on a truck that has seen fifteen upstate NY winters. I followed @PADDO 's excellent tutorial on the subject, and I am happy to report that it worked like a charm. I hit the bleeders with PB Blaster a couple of time a few days prior and used a six point socket to crack the bleeders open a close.

What came out of the accumulator is best described as toxic sludge, compared to what went in the reservoir was rose infused fragrant sake. I used a total of about 3 liters until everything was buttoned up.

BTW, not all dealers may know that the newer liter bottles (08886-81221) are available in lieu of the older part number for the 2.5 liter metal cans. My local dealer was able to locate plentiful supplies after I requested that part number specifically.

IH8MUD FTW yet again! :tup:

I'm actually utilizing some pretty strong magnets that have a 1/4"-20 studs on them that I attached to the pre-drilled holes on the frame of the panel. I could probably add one or two more magnets if I really wanna overdo it, but 4 magnets seems to have it pretty stuck up there. Takes a fair amount of force to separate it from the car. If it moves because of wind I'm likely driving in a tornado, lol.
How did deal with the curvature of the roof line? Does the magnet or mount swivel?

How would you describe the difference in the ride?

I upgraded my fairlead to a nylon roller fairlead. Some experienced guys said the Hawse fairleads can cause a lot of friction especially in a high-angle pull. Sometimes enough to break or damage the synthetic rope where a roller fairlead would not. The Nylon rollers are steel reinforced and don't damage the synthetic rope like steel rollers would.

I got this fairlead: Amazon.com: BILLET4X4 4x4 Black Poly Roller Fairlead (for Synthetic Winchrope) Roller Fairlead - Not for Steel Cable (Off-Road Recovery): Automotive

v7LOu7R.jpg

mhFCGT0.jpg

2quIvDY.jpg

VERY curious about those poly-roller fairleads. Definitely makes sense that the Hawse fairleads could develop significant heat if the line is rubbing against them. Heat isn't a good thing for the synthetic line.

It was great.. plenty of head room 👍 if yah know what I mean...

Just an overnighter at the local state park. Third row out and second row folded.. need to instead totally remove second row next time for extra leg room. Used a 10" Coleman Full-size air mattress on the floor and some cheap walmart camp pillows. Won't be camping inside the car in the summer anymore, one and done. Bringing a tent next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom