Rebuilding 97 FZJ80 - Help identifying this broken sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My engine is being rebuilt and this one has us scratching our heads a little. Is this a Jerry-rigged EGR sensor? Is it a knock sensor? The sensor itself is snapped clean so I'll need a new one. I'm just trying to figure out the best approach here, I hear some of these sensors can be pricey.

Also, besides the obvious items such as hoses, etc. Is there anything else that I should absolutely do while the engine is out? I'm using a LCE kit for the rebuild and am replacing the oil pump (suspected culprit), power steering pump (it was leaking), etc.

Thanks in advance
IMG-20200618-WA0067.jpg

Not a knock sensor. Maybe this can help. I know there is a better pic somewhere but can’t find it at the moment.
1592570916724.jpeg

Thanks, all. So can I save the $77 or so on the cost of the TVV and bypass this entirely? I'd appreciate any info you could share on this.

Thanks, all. So can I save the $77 or so on the cost of the TVV and bypass this entirely? I'd appreciate any info you could share on this.

The EVAP system looks to engine temp during operation in order to operate as intended. The TVV is how the evap system knows engine temps. As mentioned, you need to decide what you are going to do with the evap system and associated bits. That will help make the decision about the TVV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom