Wheeling trip The Cove in Gore VA June 4-6 , 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I believe as of right now Fall Crawl is still a go. But it’s a Waze away. Some of the members are going to do something instead of the events. The outing are not sanctioned by any club and need to fall within that states Social Distancing guide lines. Just jump on one of those outings.

Ok, aiming for Friday morning arrival, should I plan to head to Camp VI or should we have a time/place set for Friday morning folks? Will bring some items to pew pew as well as click click (photos).

Anyone else want to convoy from NoVA/Alexandria? Also, test drove the new to me CVT mounted on the new Bowfin rack last night in the backyard! Camp ready!

IMG_2856.JPG

If anyone was wondering, restroom facilities are fully operational, per today's call... :flush:

On their website.. The Cove Campground
May 2020
Camping and all activities are open for the 2020 season. Restrictions are in place for boat rentals, all persons wanting to rent boats must provide their own life jackets. We are asking all customers to observe social distancing while on property. We are also asking all customers to remain in their cars during the check in process. The office will be closed to foot traffic, please remain outside for service. Please remember to keep group sizes at or under the required size according the VA orders for COVID-19 regulations, larger groups must utilize multiple sites. Thank you for bearing with us during these trying times.

My count came to about 30 people. They are happy to have us and we can show up till about 8pm on thursday, office closes early in the week. Then they re-open friday am. I have some last minute things to finish then I will be ready. Hope the weather holds off!

I'm also watching the weather. Might not get there until Friday or Saturday.

Alright... I've placed an order with my local spiritual supply store. Will be picked up this afternoon.
-Fireball for the rednecks to enjoy while listening to Florida Georgia Line.
-Plantation dark rum for rum & Coke
-Malibu coconut rum for us tropical peeps.
-Elijah Craig Small Batch Bourbon for people who are feeling classy.

Malibu coconut rum
I once lived in the sticks. Rednecks were everywhere. One time, one of them used "we got plenty of Malibu" as a reason that my wife and I should come over to hang out. They drank it straight. Shots. I have so many stories about that guy but the best was probably when I once called him...and he answered...while he was being arrested for trespassing at 11:30pm. Or maybe when he was telling me how great Glocks are around 2:00am and demonstrated by firing 5 or 6 rounds straight up in the air...in our neighborhood. "See? Just like that." WTF?

Oh... Then there was the time that he told me that my master bedroom window was exactly the distance that his .308 was sighted in at. "So if you're ever in trouble you just lead them into that room and let me know. But get them to be on that side of the room 'cause I'm just gonna spray into the wall and glass."

Is it too late to invite him this weekend??? I’ll pick him up!

I once lived in the sticks. Rednecks were everywhere. One time, one of them used "we got plenty of Malibu" as a reason that my wife and I should come over to hang out. They drank it straight. Shots. I have so many stories about that guy but the best was probably when I once called him...and he answered...while he was being arrested for trespassing at 11:30pm. Or maybe when he was telling me how great Glocks are around 2:00am and demonstrated by firing 5 or 6 rounds straight up in the air...in our neighborhood. "See? Just like that." WTF?

Dude sounds like a great neighbor! Picks up the phone at 11:30 pm. Invites you over to drink. Tries to protect you, He knows and likes guns. Is his wife "hot"?

Who is planning to go tonight? Looks like 55% chance of thunderstorms around 7 pm .

I'm seeing "heavy thunderstorms" called for on Friday and I have an end of day meeting at work unfortunately. I'm probably going to drive up Saturday AM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom